Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS162 Wagon - New Owner 1st Impressions

I ordered whatever the Westfalia guy on the phone said I needed... I did say it was a 2016 model so here's hoping he got it right. The installer is charging me $550 to fit and deal with all the codes and etc. I'd be more than help to help/pay cash!!

Thanks for the great review. As a new RS owner (2 months), I concur with pretty much everything you say. The DSG software doesn't worry me as much as I've been driving manuals for the last umpteen years, and I drive it in manual mode 80% of the time. The only time it is in auto mode is when I'm trundling in traffic - from that point of view, it is perfect for my use.

But I agree with the shift hesitation issue, also normal is way too quick to upshift and sport thinks you're trying for a Nurburgring record! Something in between would be useful.

Brakes are great - I understand the front 340mm ones are from the Golf R - true?

It really is the perfect practical performance car, quiet and comfortable in traffic, and fantastic when you're in the mood.

I have the hatch and my biggest gripe is that the 'bootlid' opens up way too high - it just misses my garage door. I wonder if I can get the struts replaced with a different opening height.

If you don't have the auto open thingo it shouldn't be too hard... I had a car back in the day that had an adjustable cord on the side for that very reason! Still managed to hit the dam thing on the garage ceiling though hahaha

Users Country Flag

I havent got my manual handy but if I remember correctly it tells you how that you can set the opening height to what you want on an auto boot door Maybe same on your model
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12