Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Overall Pros and Cons

As far as us owners know and guess new hardware is required but one really knows what is fitted to the OZ cars. It could be a software activation issue but there is so little written about the system everyone is guessing. The cars that do have it fitted in Oz are the Skoda Superb, Some Audis and the Passat. My betting is that the cameras fitted to the Tiguan are the wrong type needed to make it work but I would love to be proven wrong. I came across a story somewhere on the net where an owner had bought a new camera and a windscreen plus whatever else was needed to enable it on his Audi, I have no link but it might be found with a Google search.

Users Country Flag
    I'm sure we would love it to be a software update only.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

We waited patiently for a long time for our 162 to arrive and after 2000kms we are pleased with our choice.
    Like the leather seats with lots of settings as well as remembering how big I am compared to my wife. Delighted with the headlights, after suffering inferior VW lights for 4 previous cars. Really like the refinement when cruising and overall quality of the car.

Disappointed with the horrible sound of the engine. It is awful. Hard to believe it's identical to the GTI. It goes ok, but I would like to see a proper road tester get to 100kmh in 6.5 seconds. The lane guidance...... well I turned it off because it was unable to define the lines correctly, therefore tugging at the wheel when it was not supposed to. I find the steering to be slightly vague on centre, which makes it less relaxing to hold a straight line on the freeway. Maybe that's just me, but I do like a car to feel stable on centre.
    Despite being a little critical, I am still a happy customer and enjoy the car.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by REGS12 View Post
    We waited patiently for a long time for our 162 to arrive and after 2000kms we are pleased with our choice.
    Like the leather seats with lots of settings as well as remembering how big I am compared to my wife. Delighted with the headlights, after suffering inferior VW lights for 4 previous cars. Really like the refinement when cruising and overall quality of the car.

Disappointed with the horrible sound of the engine. It is awful. Hard to believe it's identical to the GTI. It goes ok, but I would like to see a proper road tester get to 100kmh in 6.5 seconds. The lane guidance...... well I turned it off because it was unable to define the lines correctly, therefore tugging at the wheel when it was not supposed to. I find the steering to be slightly vague on centre, which makes it less relaxing to hold a straight line on the freeway. Maybe that's just me, but I do like a car to feel stable on centre.
    Despite being a little critical, I am still a happy customer and enjoy the car.
    you are about 500km ahead of us, just clicked ove 1,500. Like you have turned off the lane guidance and turned down all the beepers etc. seriously the car was having its own panic attacks. I think we overestimated just how GTI was going to be. The engine is the same but.....
    ihad the same experience when test driving a Passat R line- same motor as the Golf R but a completely different driving result. It is not a 'sporting' SUV just a slightly quicker one. Overall very happy with ours with no major short comings.
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Users Country Flag
    I had a car in front of me driving up the highway, I followed, when it suddenly slammed the brakes. It was fascinating to see that the emergency brakes warning already lighted up a fraction of a second before I had touched the brakes...

VW Tiguan R-line 162kw, Tungsten Silver Metallic, Titanium Black-Crystal Gray.
    ACC, DCC, AID, HUD, DAP, ALS, LED, DSG, TSI, LOL

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Added "Passenger seat folds flat for more load space if required." as a Pro. Pretty cool feature, I can imagine doing this when loading in a Christmas tree!

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag

Or the MIL in the back seat. Overall Pros and Cons

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789