Thread: T6 Multivan Aircon- or lack of!

T6 Multivan Aircon- or lack of!

Are there any other T6 owners out there that are underwhelmed by the Multivans Aircon?

Anytime the temperature reaches 25+ deg, our front aircon struggles to keep noticeably cold (the rear seems ok). On "max a/c" (recirc/max fan/lowest temp) the air from the vent is barely cooler than the air outside for the first 20-30mins. And even after that 20-30 mins, it's not cold, I think it's just very slowly repeatedly cooling the air that's in the car.

Even when going down the motorway it's slightly cooler but not ice cold like you'd expect. Our Mazda 3 has significantly better cooling!

We have a 15k service coming up soon and I'll bring it up with them but am just wondering if it's been noticed elsewhere.

Sounds like a problem in there , our T5 only has front air and it cools very fast right to the back . Good thing is that any issue will be covered under warranty , as long as they don't need some part otherwise they will stuff you around waiting for it . Austral's did it to us when ours was new , a faulty retractor in the drivers seat belt . I told them what was wrong and also explained I had spent twenty plus years fitting and modifying seat belts so I knew what was wrong but they still made me drive 40 kms to the dealer and then home again before they would order the part . It took the guy who inspected the belt 5 seconds to see it was faulty . Hope you get a good outcome .

Users Country Flag
    On my T5 a few years back it developed in the first few months very poor aircon. The dealer diagnosed the compressor to be faulty and rfeplaced it after about an 6 week wait for the parts. The aircon was only about 3 degrees cooler than out side air on one side of the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMotion View Post
    The dealer diagnosed the compressor to be faulty and rfeplaced it after about an 6 week wait for the parts. The aircon was only about 3 degrees cooler than out side air on one side of the vehicle.
    +1

Well turns out there was a big descrepancy on the gauges between the low pressure and high pressure sides of the aircon and they have deemed the compressor to be faulty. Luckily it's all covered under warranty.
    I suspect the aircon has been stuffed from the day we got the T6, but we only really noticed it with the heat over the passed month.

Bit pissed off but also understand these things happen. Apparently they can't give a solid lead time on parts but they're hoping within a week or so- I really doubt this being a European car an all- unless it's the same compressor on a number of models, fingers crossed as it's bloody hot here!

Users Country Flag
    Yeah it sucks, but at least it's all covered

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

As a fellow Queenslander if you want to slum it I can give you a trip around the bayside in our cool van its not quite new but the aircon works fine . Groan .

Just curious is the dealer getting the part air freighted to Australia?

haha thanks Sunny!

TDI: Not sure, i think he said they were finding one from their Warehouse and I would be given a text message as soon as it arrives at the dealership.

But they better get a move on with it- having to drive a $5k Runnabout with 260ks in 35degree heat whilst the $50k VW sits at home is ****ting me off!

I agree for our southern VW fans we have got 35c plus up here today with ten thousand percent humidity , not fit for driving in either as when you stop you melt on the spot .

Users Country Flag

I haven't had a cooling issue with my 2007/8 T5 either, though the drain line wasn't connected on delivery, a fact I didn't discover until the carpets were soaked. I'd be surprised if they downgraded the aircon that much between models that are otherwise so similar.