Support VWWC

Thread: 2007 GTI - Intake Pipe Where From

Users Country Flag

2007 GTI - Intake Pipe Where From

Evening guys,

While the Polo is apart waiting on parts for valve cover and valve tensioner gaskets and seals thought I'd purchase some new intake pipe work just to help freshen up everything

Was after the Forge throttle body pipe on the left hand side of the engine and then like the look of the Samco TIP as it keeps the standard cast alloy piece on the turbo. Looking around there seems to be some fixed pipe work that runs close to the cast piece from the turbo so I want to leave it.

Who is recommended to source from, anyone local at all?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2007 GTI - Intake Pipe Where From-forge-throttle-body-jpg   2007 GTI - Intake Pipe Where From-samco-tip-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    The cast part is the worst aspect of the std tip.
    Last edited by h100vw; 30-11-2015 at 09:41 PM.

Users Country Flag
    2006 GTI Polo - Big Turbo Build - Louis19's Build Thread

I was looking at these the other night thinking of upgrading the TIP but from what I've read it doesn't sound the easiest to install looks fun tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by LZY13B View Post
    I was looking at these the other night thinking of upgrading the TIP but from what I've read it doesn't sound the easiest to install looks fun tho lol
    Yeah it's a mixed bag of feedback on the install. Mine and Louis' were easy, really quite a non-event. May be easier with 2 people depending on how tight the fit is on the turbo, so someone under the car to push it laterally, while the other pushes vertically as it can be tight against the gear cables.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    Undo the shifter bracket mounting bolts and move it to the side. Also, Gavin's top tip is to bend the water pipe running to the bulkhead with a bar. It bends pretty easily. 5-10mm at the end makes a big difference.
    I did one last weekend and did it all from the top.
    The joints for the PCV, DV etc are all well over length, so can be cut back a fair way.
    Last point, you need to get a male/male fitting for the bottom of the TIP.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ended up skipping the intake pipes due to needing some brake rotors and pads. Pads were not too badly worn but rotors were shot, heavily milled. Best to do the necessary bits over the optional ones.

Ended up getting RDA slotted and dimpled with Bendix pads.

GTI all up and running, no more leaks, serviced, new brakes, battery ready to go for another couple of years
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2007 GTI - Intake Pipe Where From-img_4459-jpg  

Bringing back a old thread is it really worth replacing the silicone pipe from the cooler to the throttle body? I'm running a stage 2 tune with everything else done but still running the standard old intake hose so any chance that the old hose would be struggling to handle 20psi or be buckling under boost?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LZY13B View Post
    Bringing back a old thread is it really worth replacing the silicone pipe from the cooler to the throttle body? I'm running a stage 2 tune with everything else done but still running the standard old intake hose so any chance that the old hose would be struggling to handle 20psi or be buckling under boost?
    Doubt it, the hose I linked a few posts above from the MAP to throttle body is the exact same as the stock in terms of sizing, only benefit is a colour change if you wanted.

The intake pipe to the turbo is where you'll see a gain if you haven't upgraded from the stock one already.
    2006 GTI Polo - Big Turbo Build - Louis19's Build Thread