Thread: It has been two days since my last VW fix . . .

Users Country Flag

It has been two days since my last VW fix . . .

18 years ago I test drove a 1997 VW Golf Mk3 CL, fell in love with it and bought a Dragon Green one as my first car. 239,000 km later I still love driving this car daily.

4 years ago when we had procreated beyond our means, I convinced my wife to test drive a 2011 VW Caddy Life TDI and it is currently her ride.

4 weeks ago I took up the offer from my youngest brother to purchase his 2007 VW Golf Mk5 TDI (he has recently upgraded to a new VW Golf R Wagon Wolfsburg Edition) which will soon become Son No. 2's first car.

Tuesday night, I purchased a 1996 VW Vento GL which will soon be Daughter No. 1's first car. Her requirements for her first car was that it is red and an automatic.

After a few years of lurking here on and off, I think I might now qualify for membership of this forum. Actually, I think I might be an addict . . .
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag
    You're not an addict. It's the rest of the world that's strange.

Trust me, I'm on my 7th MK1 and I'm perfectly normal.

Honest.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks mate, that actually does make me feel more normal. I do have supportive family and friends, my wife accepts and entertains my VW addiction and I think I have converted Son No 2. My brother and his wife both drive VWs (2015 Golf Wagon R Wolfsburg Edition and a Polo TDI), plus sister-in-law and her partner both have VW Golf Mk3s (GL and a VR6). A good friend of mine also has three VWs (although two are air-cooled not water-cooled) and his Daughter No 2 was born on the backseat of a VW Passat in the carpark of Canberra hospital (I do not think I will ever be able to top that story).

Curiousity got the better of me, I clicked on your signature and read what happened to your Mk2 GTI, hope you make a speedy and full recovery from your injuiries. I hope that you manage to get the Mk2 GTI back on the road at some stage in the future.

I will catch you around, either here on the forum or in the CVWC Belconnen reception area.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP