Support VWWC

Thread: Jetta mk5 door lock

Jetta mk5 door lock

So finally got around to replacing my Jetta's troublesome door locks which intermittently don't unlock. Started with one door, got to taking the actual lock off (m6 triple square) bolts and it didn't seem to fit right at all. I think I stripped the head but either way I at this point I decided to go back to having a dysfunctional lock for a while till I could get someone to look at it. Now I've put everything back and that door doesn't respond to the central locking! Anyone have any ideas? Or suggest how I can get the m6 bolt out?

Bang in a torx 40 or 45 and take it out like normal.
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

Haha is it really that straight forward? I didn't even think to try another bit My main concern is then putting it back (if the head is stripped) is there a place you can source these bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by chris_j26 View Post
    is there a place you can source these bolts?
    It's called the VW parts dept.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Yup, VW parts will get them for $2-10 each or you may be able to source something from a nut/bolt supplier.
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    It's called the VW parts dept.
    :O my last experience with VW Dealers's Parts dept was poor I didn't know how I would possibly explain to them the scenario without knowing a part number but I will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Snail Style View Post
    Yup, VW parts will get them for $2-10 each or you may be able to source something from a nut/bolt supplier.
    Thanks bud! Will call around and also hope I just disconnected the electrical connector to the current module and that will be a non issue once I replace the lock.

Users Country Flag
    If you take them your VIN, and tell them what bolt you need (i.e what it's used for), they'll find it and order it in for you.

I've ordered my fair share of random bolts over the years from VW, and they've never been any longer than a day or two away.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    If you take them your VIN, and tell them what bolt you need (i.e what it's used for), they'll find it and order it in for you.

I've ordered my fair share of random bolts over the years from VW, and they've never been any longer than a day or two away.
    Yep just shot off an email to the only dealership I've had a good experience with and they're onto it, except they're under the impression that the car has an M8 and not an M6! Either way looking like a positive result.

Users Country Flag
    M8 would be the thread size, not the spline size.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    M8 would be the thread size, not the spline size.
    That would explain it. Hopefully it's not a pita to get out. One of my mates said he will lend me his screw extractor too.