Support VWWC

Thread: 1993 Cabby roof reskin

1993 Cabby roof reskin

Hey guys,

First of all, not sure if I'm posting this in the right area? The front end and interior are like a mk2 but from what I've been told the golfs and cabbys generations work a little differently.

Anyhoo, my younger brother just joined the golf clan, we picked up a '93 cabby late last week which is sitting in my garage until we put a new roof on it (there's a 2 tears in the roof). Since winter is here it'll be siting in my garage rather than outside in the rain at my parents place until we get it changed.

Main question is, has any one here changed a vinyl roof on a cabby? We've found them new on ebay for the $180 mark delivered. I'm under the assumption that it's going to be a pain in the ass to change so if any one has any tips that would be awesome!

Thanks guys,
    Beau

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1993 Cabby roof reskin-image-jpg  

^ Thar she blows

wow

Was this the car that was for sale in Scarborough ??

BTW its a Mk1 Cabriolet.
    Roof is made up of external fabric, a bag of filling material and the interior headliner. Once you get the roof stripped off then check the integrity of the "inner padding " When I did Valeries car we purchased a new synthetic filler and padding bag only to find on delivery it was pretty well crap. I had a local upholstery guy sew me a new bag and used the original horsehair filling.

If you google MK1 cabrio roof replacement you will surely find a few how to guides on doing the roof.
    Good luck, your going to need it !!
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...