Thread: 2012 Passat Alltrack Mudguards

Users Country Flag

2012 Passat Alltrack Mudguards

Hi all,

Has anyone tried fitting mudflaps to the Passat Alltrack? The reasons I am asking is that the car is white, and road muck gets sucked up onto the back of the car in wet weather when highway driving, mud flaps will help with the issue. The other reason I am asking is due to the fact that the plastic trim around the bottom of the Alltrack has me guessing that the standard VW mudflaps for the passat will not fit onto the Alltrack.

Just picked up the car 2 weeks ago, less than 30,000km on the dial, great car (except for the rattle in the lower dash on the drivers side, which i see from other threads is common and can be fixed.)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Users Country Flag
    The reason the back of your car gets dirty is not from lack of mudflaps but the negative airflow at the back of a wagon.

In the old days people used to fit a aerofoil above the taildoor to direct an airflow down from the roof and over the rear.

Same reason you shouldnt drive with taildoor open as the exhaust gas will be sucked in the back.

Mine needs a wash as the back is filthy from wet roads recently and it has mudflaps.

Just the joys of owning a wagon
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Hi,

The OE mudflaps do fit, at least in the UK. VW don't recommend them as they affect fuel consumption figures!
    I screwed two extra black screws into the rear bumper near the edge, but these are not going into metal so should be ok.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Hi,

The OE mudflaps do fit, at least in the UK. VW don't recommend them as they affect fuel consumption figures!
    I screwed two extra black screws into the rear bumper near the edge, but these are not going into metal so should be ok.
    Good god you are getting pretty anal if you are going to worry about the miniscule drag effect from mudflaps arent you.

Dont put weathershields on then as they will make a .0000000001 % difference as well
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan