Thread: RCD510 anti theft code questions

RCD510 anti theft code questions

Hi all

Just a few questions, I bought an original new VW RCD520 from Ebay (Chinese spec with sd card reader and usb cable).

I wasn't supplied with a pin code and stupidly tried 0000 for the first attempt, then 4 numbers that were printed on the item description.

So now it needs one hour of being on before I can reattempt the pin.

1) I've read you just need to provide VW your VIN number and the serial number of the head unit and they will give you a code. What I don't understand is that if this is technically a spare part, how the SN will match my VIN and provide the correct pin. The only explanation is that they have a database of every VIN that corresponds to a working pin code for each model of head unit. OR this is just a way for them to record any VW VIN against a serial number in case the unit turns out to be stolen they know where to look.

2) Is there any way to keep the thing on for an hour so I can reattempt the pin (without leaving the car running if possible)? I switched it on and got out of the car but when I came back the timer was back to 60 minutes.

3) Has anyone done this upgrade before? I'm keen to see where other people ran the female USB cable through (mine is behind the steering column coming out underneath the right side of the wheel, to reach my phone holder on the AC vent) Also has anyone actually used the USB/SD functionality? I really hope it works well enough with the iPhone in terms of playing music, and taking calls etc. that I won't need to add an aftermarket bluetooth.

4) I've heard of websites you can type the SN and VIN and it spits out a code automatically but couldnt find any such sites, just references to them in forum posts.

Thanks
    Josh

Users Country Flag
    Best is to contact a dealer and give them any VIN number and then the 14 digit number on the radio to get your code.
    DARKHORSE DEVELOPMENTS
    BLUETOOTH KITS, REVERSE CAMERAS, SATNAV, UPGRADES/MODIFICATIONS, DIAGNOSTICS. ​0420839266
    BRISBANE/GOLDCOAST/IPSWICH
    www.facebook.com/Darkhorsedevelopments www.darkhorsedevelopments.com

Users Country Flag

Turn the car on and wait for the hour then put the number on the unit in and it should work. Why would you try 0000 when the code number is usually written on the Ebay units.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan