Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modified Vrs Owners

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I've been working on my driving and throttle control in first gear and its makes considerable difference. Time to do some search for a good deal on springs...Maybe get a group buy going?
    Skoda Octavia vRS 162TSI Estate |Moon White | DSG |Moon Roof | Leather | Tech Pack | 19" Black Pack |Auto Lift Gate | TowBar|

Users Country Flag
    I would be interested in a group buy for springs (and maybe dampers eg Koni FSDs if they become available for the mk3??)

3. I've had my vRS for just three days and already I'm thinking about doing some mods.. crazy huh??!?
    Here is what thinking about so far:
    I think the ride height is a little bit high... Maybe lowering this beast a little... (how much though is the question) And if I'm doing this is it worth doing the suspension and how about front and rear swaybars... hmm
    ECU stage 1 remap... just hard to choose who to go for... I'm going backward and forwards between APR and REVO. Edging a little towards APR though.. from everything I've read it's a little less severe and may suit my driving style better.
    Last edited by mrjubei; 04-05-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Users Country Flag
    VWR Springs, H&R or Eibachs should be fairly cheap, or you can full full adjustable KW coilovers. Won't be disappointed with either tune.

Users Country Flag
    Having used shorter springs on stock shocks I'll never do that again
    It reduces your shock travel, bottoming out can be an alarming experience

I dropped ~25mm - it looked cool but was a real pain from a usability point of view
    Always having to remember to be careful with drive ways - not to mention the toe bar slamming into the ground, it only got worse when fully loaded
    So I went back to stock height (and a better spring/shock package)

Stage1 did not really impress me - stage2 was a much better outcome and better bang for buck
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Users Country Flag
    DNA or Custom Code

What's a seaboard?

if you lower it cut the bumpstops as well. I agree with Martin - lowered can be a pain.

If I was doing it again I'd look at Sachs, BC or Racing Logic coilovers
    Last edited by brad; 04-05-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

7. Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    DNA or Custom Code

What's a seaboard?

if you lower it cut the bumpstops as well. I agree with Martin - lowered can be a pain.

If I was doing it again I'd look at Sachs, BC or Racing Logic coilovers
    Seaboard was meant to be swaybar... but my phone decided it knew better and auto corrected... grr

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mrjubei View Post
    I've had my vRS for just three days and already I'm thinking about doing some mods.. crazy huh??!?
    Here is what thinking about so far:
    I think the ride height is a little bit high... Maybe lowering this beast a little... (how much though is the question) And if I'm doing this is it worth doing the suspension and how about front and rear swaybars... hmm
    ECU stage 1 remap... just hard to choose who to go for... I'm going backward and forwards between APR and REVO. Edging a little towards APR though.. from everything I've read it's a little less severe and may suit my driving style better.

rear swaybar - most certainly. it transforms the car's handling characteristics.

i wouldn't bother with a front swaybar, being a fwd car. instead, put the money aside for a downpipe.

ecu map - most certainly. it should've come out of the factory with stg 1 already.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123