Hello everyone,

Like everybody who posted on this thread before me, I am

• new to this forum
  • have a VW
  • came here because I needed some help

I have recently purchased a 2011 Golf VI Variant 118TSI with just under 60,000 on the clock.
Until yesterday it has been an amazing car, but unfortunately now I will need some help from the good folks on this site.
I will post my problem in the correct category once my account has been activated

Until then I can only try to introduce myself a bit better. I am originally from Germany, but have been living in Sydney for over 10 years now. When it came to buying a car I was always rather reluctant to go with a German, or any European car, simply for the presumed shortage of spares and qualified repair workshops. But just judging by the huge amount of VWs on Australian roads these days I am happy to have thrown that caution overboard and to have purchased a new used Golf Mk 6 wagon. I believe I have made a good choice, even with the issues the car is now showing.

What I am happy to offer to members of this forum in return for their advice is any help with the German language, which I believe can be quite handy when shopping for VW spares and accessories and access/photocopies and help with interpretation of my "Etzold - So wird's gemacht" for the Golf Variant VI, Jetta VI, Golf Plus VI and Touran III.
The German "So wird's gemacht" series of books is probably the most helpful and concise compendium of DIY car repair guides released anywhere in the world. The author is a professional and passionate car nut, and has released over 150 books since the mid 70s, each dedicated to do-it-yourself repairs on a specific model of car. My book, like the entire series, contains detailed instructions with pictures on countless repairs that can be done at home: from replacing some wipers and wiper blades, refitting a lambda probe, or removing/replacing an electric window motor, a window or an entire door. Amazing books I can only recommend to anyone who can either read a bit of German or is happy to work things out with Google Translate or help from folks like myself.

Anyway, glad to have joined this forum, hope someone here will be able to help me out with access to a VAGCOM.