Support VWWC

Thread: O3 4x4 Conversion

Users Country Flag

O3 4x4 Conversion

If I could change one thing about the RS, it'd be to make it 4x4.

I looked into this for my '10 RS but it would have been easier to just buy a Scout and drop an RS (or GTI) engine in etc.

Does anyone know if this in any easier on the mk3 considering it's now on the MQB platform?
    NOW: MY15.5 Race Blue RS

THEN: MY10 Black Magic RS

Users Country Flag
    I think you'd find the level of faffing about to be fairly equal.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    The other problem is finding donor parts which are harder to get the newer the vehicle is

Getting R donor parts for the '10 RS is more likely
    with issues like needing a longer drive shaft

I reckon the cheaper/easier options are whack a LSD into the gearbox or buy an Audi S3
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Or get a 4x4 car and get an ecu upgrade. Very early, and rare, standard 4x4 (as I have) or Superb 4x4? Then fiddle with the suspension and wheels if you want a more RS like ride.
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Users Country Flag
    Any idea how many non-Scouts got the 4x4 option? As you said, rare as rocking horse poop. I've only ever seen one on Carsales.

Keep in mind that you can't option 4x4 + sports suspension ex-factory so I do wonder how low you can go before it causes problems.

I agree about a modded Superb AWD. I think it would be a nice piece of kit
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

The non Scout AWDs were on option for quite a while, but never saw any demo cars with it so suspect it was a factory order. Never heard of anyone getting one. If they offered the MK3 with that option before the Scout came out then that would be the best bet, but I think they learned from last time not to bother.

I think only for the 2007 & 2008, possibly before the Scout came here? Probably brought in just to test the demand for it, but found people wanted the extra ride height of the Scout (even though it's not much).
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.