Thread: Negotiating a Polo in NSW - any advice?

Negotiating a Polo in NSW - any advice?

Hi there,

Looking at buying either a golf (90tsi automatic) or a polo (comfortline automatic) as my first car (new or demo). Im in Sydney and probably going to start negotiations in about two weeks.

I plan to start with trying to buy a Golf but If i cant get the price I want ($23500) then I will look at the polo.

I would get the 81TSI comfortline which goes for around $23000 with black paint.

I would like to get the price down to $21 000. Has anyone had any luck getting it down to that or anywhere close to that figure?

And does anyone have any bargaining tactics or dealership recommendations for NSW?

Thanks for any help!!

Users Country Flag
    There's a thread on this that discusses what everyone ended up paying, it may be worth looking at that. Most people have reported there not being too much room to move (especially during promotional periods) due to the demand and backlog for the Polos.

I got the 81TSI w/ premium paint, DSG, tint, Driver Comfort Pack, onroads, fuel etc etc for something like $24,500 or $25,000 which was pretty much just the advertised promotional price at the time.
    MY15 Polo 81TSI Comfortline DSG | Driver Comfort Pack | Pepper Grey

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by graceg View Post
    Hi there,

Looking at buying either a golf (90tsi automatic) or a polo (comfortline automatic) as my first car (new or demo). Im in Sydney and probably going to start negotiations in about two weeks.

I plan to start with trying to buy a Golf but If i cant get the price I want ($23500) then I will look at the polo.

I would get the 81TSI comfortline which goes for around $23000 with black paint.

I would like to get the price down to $21 000. Has anyone had any luck getting it down to that or anywhere close to that figure?

And does anyone have any bargaining tactics or dealership recommendations for NSW?

Thanks for any help!!
    I got mine in WA for $20,990 but white paint and windows tinting. It took some shopping around as other didn't want to budge from the promotion price.
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline