Support VWWC

Thread: Newbie needs help

Users Country Flag

Newbie needs help

Hi friends,

I´m Sebastian Murillo, a traveller from Chile. I recently bougth a VW GOLF of 2002, with 143.000 km. I really love th VW cars, in fact I have a VW Kombi from 1971 in my country, and it is like part of my family... hehehe. Now I have the following problem, so I really apreciate if one of you could help me.

The GOLF has not enough engine power/performance. Its difficult to gain speed and when is climbing or reverse in a hill i cant do it with out the hand brake (sorry my mistakes in mechanical words but my native lenguage is spanish, so..). I thought maybe the problem was dirty injectors, but i dont think that now, because i added on fuel a injector cleaner and nothing happens. Also, the exhaust gases indicator is turn on permanently. So maybe is the Lamda sensor, but i really dont know. I think i have to do an VAGCOM test.

So anyone here could helpme with this?. I'm a backpacker traveller, so i really don´tn have too much money :/... and when i have to sell it in a few months, i don´t want to sell it with this problem to his next owner. The rest of the car it works amazing, it has a REGO until September.

Thank you very much!

Greetings!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Sorry about making a specific question here, but it is kind of urgent. sorry

Users Country Flag

Hello Sebam, I hope you enjoy back packing Australia. I think we can assume that you have a petrol Golf. You may have some fuel supply problem re blocked filter or poor pump pressure. If the exhaust is still the original it may be getting blocked up somewhere like the cat converter. Does it run smoothly even though it has less power?