Support VWWC

Thread: Media-in Mdi Adapter Cable Lightning iPhone 6

Users Country Flag

Media-in Mdi Adapter Cable Lightning iPhone 6

Hi All, Last Friday I purchased the Mdi Adapter Cable for the Lightning iPhone 6 from VWA as I just got a new phone. I had nothing but problems over the weekend. I took it back to VWA today to only be told they've got a few other cables with the same problem.

Basically the cable doesn't work and all you get is crackle when you plug it in and hit the media button. They gave me two other cables to see if any worked and neither did.

Has anyone had the same issues and resolved it? Is it an issue with the cable or is it the new iPhone?

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Might be worth a shot using the old 30 pin iPod dock connector cable (if you have one?), and the 30pin to lightning adapter? I've had no issues at all going that route (granted i'm using a 3rd party unit), it's worked in every unit i've thrown at it (even cheapo chinese units etc_

The only issue is the lightning adapter has a DAC in it (so its digital out of the lightning port, converted to analogue at the adapter and the unit receives analogue audio as if it was out of an old iPod, where as if it was a pure lighting cable it would be digital all the way to the unit and converted with the units DAC). Depends on how good the units DAC is, as to how the sound quality goes though. 99.999% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference though, I believe the lightning adapter has a wolfson dac in it anyways.
    MY10 Golf Mk6 103TDI DSG Candy White | Revo Stage 1 ECU Tune | 18" Talladegas | GTI Front/Rear/Exhaust | R LED Taillights | GTI Steering Wheel | VW Discover Media | Focal IFVW Front Speakers | Mk7 Climatronic Panel |

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thank Moda,

It works fine when I plug my iPhone 4s into the MDI, however it just hates the iphone 6....