Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim's Superb experience - a car owner's journal

Users Country Flag

On overrun the fuel injectors close & no fuel flows into the cylinders as the engine is being driven by the road wheels hence 0.0 consumption
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    On overrun the fuel injectors close & no fuel flows into the cylinders as the engine is being driven by the road wheels hence 0.0 consumption
    Thanks for the info Brad. That makes sense.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Timaeus View Post
    I used the park assist today just to check it out again. I forgot that it appears on the Maxidot display and was looking at the SatNav to see if it was working. This fail did by chance make me realise a second press of the park assist button switches to perpendicular parking assist so that's nice to know. I might have to try and use it more often when there's no one around just so I can get the hang of it better. I'd rather be adept at it for when I need it.
    What do you mean? It parralell parks and does what else?

Quote Originally Posted by ashmannnn View Post
    What do you mean? It parralell parks and does what else?
    It can also look for perpendicular parks with a second press. I tested it the other day and it started trying to back into a hatch obscured by a longer vehicle though. So it isn't perfect. Still easier to park by sight I think.
    Last edited by Timaeus; 04-01-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Users Country Flag
    hmm ok.. thats what i thought it did.... what other parking were you referrring to? just turning on the parking sensors you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ashmannnn View Post
    hmm ok.. thats what i thought it did.... what other parking were you referrring to? just turning on the parking sensors you mean?
    Perpendicular sorry. Have edited.

Users Country Flag
    Roger that

Users Country Flag

Thought I'd add some more Superb driving thoughts...Elegance TDI 125kW wagon

Just got back from holidays in Adelaide, according to the trip computer consumption was 5.3 l/100km on the way over (got to 5.6 in 39 deg heat on Hay plain) and 5.2 on the way back.

There is only one word to describe the journey - Superb !! What a fantastic long distance car, comfortable, spacious and economical and goes when required. Only issue had to add about 150ml of oil when I got home but after 3600km can't really complain.
    2011 Skoda Yeti TDI 4x4 and 2013 Skoda Superb TDI Wagon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12