Support VWWC

Thread: B7 Passat reverse parking camera

Users Country Flag

B7 Passat reverse parking camera

Hi all
    Does anyone know of a company in Sydney that has done a aftermarket install of an oem
    Badge Reverse parking sensor hooked up through the RCD510 head unit?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I bought one from this guy but I installed mine myself. They do installations in Sydney. Try contacting them. Nice bloke I dealt with. Vincent was his name. Prices are reasonable too.
    Genuine Volkswagen Reverse Camera FOR Golf Wagon Passat Wagon Jetta AND Tiguan | eBay
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by snerlo View Post
    I bought one from this guy but I installed mine myself. They do installations in Sydney. Try contacting them. Nice bloke I dealt with. Vincent was his name. Prices are reasonable too.
    Genuine Volkswagen Reverse Camera FOR Golf Wagon Passat Wagon Jetta AND Tiguan | eBay
    Hes asking about a badge camera??? presumably. Parking sensors are in the bumper

Only the wagon takes that one in the link.

A badge camera can set you back about $600
    As here

New VW Badge Reversing Camera RVC SAT Nav RNS315 RNS510 RCD510 5K0827469AS | eBay

This is the one with the correct connector for a factory install. All the rest of the cheaper versions dont.

Also you will need the 510 with the 26 pin yellow socket on the rear.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 27-10-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    If yours is a wagon, make sure the boot has the cut out for badge camera. I found out that my MY2010 R36 wagon does not take badge camera as there is no badge cut out. Lucky I bought the boot handle camera in the first place.
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Passat R36 View Post
    If yours is a wagon, make sure the boot has the cut out for badge camera. I found out that my MY2010 R36 wagon does not take badge camera as there is no badge cut out. Lucky I bought the boot handle camera in the first place.
    No B7 wagons have a a badge lock on the rear The badge is only a decoration.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan