Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arqray Power

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Toodskie View Post
    Yea I heard a lot of boys talking about the TT tip giving a better note then the SS but I find that very hard to believe considering its just a heat treatment like you said 4paw. I personally just cant justify the extra for it.

I was thinking the same thing aswell regarding the shipping boys. How soon you thinking of looking into it Jakey?

Might be worth talking to Wal and seeing if he can hook us up...

P.S haden't actually thought about the GST component...lucky you bought it up lol
    Well, I had read they were actually titanium. I didn't think steel produced that effect. Either way they'll make zero functional difference.

I'm a few months away mate as I have some other stuff on first, and I'm in a different state so I reckon you should just go ahead with yours when you can. But yeah I am wondering if the price difference is that Wal is including GST, since you're paying him and he's importing. He may actually be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Anything valued over AUD$1,000 will attract GST and import duties. Most overseas sellers will wipe their hands of it and say something like "import duties/taxes are responsibility of the buyer".

Hopefully Wal or whoever is organising the purchase locally, is factoring in these costs. If you're just getting a price from an overseas seller they more than likely won't and you'll be up for these costs before the freight company releases the goods.

Best check first and make sure you're comparing "apples with apples".
    Yeah exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by WazR36 View Post
    my 2c:

if i had the money for, and could justify the cost, of a full exhaust then this would be my choice:

iPE (Innotech Performance Exhaust) - The best build Valvetronic exhaust system in the world for supercars.

looks incredible, sounds incredible (on youtube anyway) and has valvetronic system with an auto mode
    Unfortunately that system is a rip off, much like the full Supersprint, which we can't actually have anyway because it's LHD only, even though it is available in Australia. My guess is nobody has actually bought it and discovered that because some sellers want over five figures for that configuration.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Users Country Flag
    I've just had a SuperSprint cat-back system installed on my car and I love it! Zero drone and not too loud but when you floor it it opens up and sounds sensational!

The SS headers (which I wanted badly) are a promised 10kw-15kw improvement, but they only fit LHD cars - but, they can be modified to fit a RHD car, but at $6k, I'm not going to pay for the R&D!

If anyone knows of any other header systems for the R36 I'd love to hear about it!

AT
    2009 R36 Variant - Icelandic Grey - HALDEX Gen 4 Controller - SuperChips Tune - CAI - Full LED Install - OZ Racing Vittoria 18x8 wheels - VWR BBK & VWR 2 Piece Rear Rotors - KW V3 Coilovers - KR Sway Bars - CPC DSG Tune - Carbon Fibre Front Grill - SprintBooster - DynAudio Upgrade - Tinted Rear Lights - etc, etc...

Users Country Flag
    Hi Waz. Yea I looked into this system aswell but its around $6k just for the cat back unit. And the dealing I was talking to said he can no longer sell the mid pipe due to the amount of drone it creates and how many customer have bought it back and asked for a refund, plus its not road legal in Aus.

Agreed its a nice looking unit and then valve system is pretty sweet but the cons outweigh the pros IMO.
    i was quoted 4k installed for the innotech system. i don't deny that this is a MASSIVE rip off. i was just saying if money were no issue.. but in that case i'd probably be in a CLS63, not an r36 with an exhaust

but to be honest i don't buy the drone issue. the whole point of a valved exhaust is to have different length exhausts at low and high rpm by adjusting the valve and routing more exhaust gas through the muffler at low rpm. this is solely designed to reduce drone. how can that then cause drone? i call bs

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    i was quoted 4k installed for the innotech system. i don't deny that this is a MASSIVE rip off. i was just saying if money were no issue.. but in that case i'd probably be in a CLS63, not an r36 with an exhaust

but to be honest i don't buy the drone issue. the whole point of a valved exhaust is to have different length exhausts at low and high rpm by adjusting the valve and routing more exhaust gas through the muffler at low rpm. this is solely designed to reduce drone. how can that then cause drone? i call bs
    Well that was from the IP-e dealer in Canberra. He said he wont sell it cause he knows its an issue. The cat back system is fine, its the downpipe section that is the issue.

Hell 4k is a pretty good quote though. I'd almost consider it at that cost. 6k was ridiculous though.

Users Country Flag
    Well that was from the IP-e dealer in Canberra. He said he wont sell it cause he knows its an issue. The cat back system is fine, its the downpipe section that is the issue.

Hell 4k is a pretty good quote though. I'd almost consider it at that cost. 6k was ridiculous though.
    no way, for the price of an R36 these days anything over 1500 is a rip-off in my opinion
    hence why i just put on some custom rear mufflers and spend a few hundred on nice 4" tips

Users Country Flag

no way, for the price of an R36 these days anything over 1500 is a rip-off in my opinion
    hence why i just put on some custom rear mufflers and spend a few hundred on nice 4" tips
    The R36 goes down in value as it ages but the exhaust is still a new product. $4000 for a high end quality valvetronic system is expensive but it's not outside the realm of realism. I think $1500 is unrealistic.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123