Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan Tuning

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Tiggy View Post
    Hi Inasnt, the performance meter on the Tig will max out at 162 kw (unfortunately). In terms of stage 1 boost, I haven’t paid to much attention to this but it does starts to head towards that 30 psi mark.

I spoke to Simon at Peerless and he does sound knowledgeable and if he is close and can support you, that sounds like it ticks all the boxes. I went to Allan in VW Park for the same reasons.

I have also been speaking with Alex from underground performance and he is very knowlegable and has custom tuned a few 162 TSIs, I think stage 1 puts out 177kw at the wheels. So that is another potential option.
    I talked with Peerless a few weeks ago and they said that the RHD downpipe is not available at the moment for stage 2..

APR website says with Stage 2 the APR Exhaust Crackle can be added at no extra cost. Stock GTI vs Stock Tig 162 exhaust seems to be very different as the Tig is very quiet even at full throttle even in sport mode. Assuming the 'electronic flag' in the exhaust is not on the Tig which make it so quiet all the time? Wonder if the 'Exhaust Crackle' just a downpipe upgrade with stage 2 on tig will be as effective as on the GTI..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by INASNT View Post
    I talked with Peerless a few weeks ago and they said that the RHD downpipe is not available at the moment for stage 2..

APR website says with Stage 2 the APR Exhaust Crackle can be added at no extra cost. Stock GTI vs Stock Tig 162 exhaust seems to be very different as the Tig is very quiet even at full throttle even in sport mode. Assuming the 'electronic flag' in the exhaust is not on the Tig which make it so quiet all the time? Wonder if the 'Exhaust Crackle' just a downpipe upgrade with stage 2 on tig will be as effective as on the GTI..
    Hi, there is a DP available for Stage 2 Tig it is the same as the MQB golf R (Part DP something 21) I booked in about 3 weeks ago to get it installed but unfortunately the stage 2 file has not been created for our Tig yet. I have ordered the file to be created with crackles and pops by APR USA, I haven’t had a chance to follow up, but it might be available now. So hopefully that saves everyone some waiting time.

I’m thinking of doing a IS38 or a BT upgrade, as I’ve been told it’s a few hours more labour than the DP job, as the old DP has to come out anyway.

There are a few choices, what looks interesting are the IS20 and IS38 hybrids. Snailturbo (the brand that Underground uses) seems to be getting some ridiculous numbers are using these. I think. The IS20 snailtubro with custom tune was putting down 270 Kw atw.

Hi, there is a DP available for Stage 2 Tig it is the same as the MQB golf R (Part DP something 21) I booked in about 3 weeks ago to get it installed but unfortunately the stage 2 file has not been created for our Tig yet. I have ordered the file to be created with crackles and pops by APR USA, I haven’t had a chance to follow up, but it might be available now. So hopefully that saves everyone some waiting time.

I’m thinking of doing a IS38 or a BT upgrade, as I’ve been told it’s a few hours more labour than the DP job, as the old DP has to come out anyway.

There are a few choices, what looks interesting are the IS20 and IS38 hybrids. Snailturbo (the brand that Underground uses) seems to be getting some ridiculous numbers are using these. I think. The IS20 snailtubro with custom tune was putting down 270 Kw atw.
    Oh man I can't wait to see some videos of this Tig when you get all this!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Wouldnt it be the GTI downpipe?

When you getting the works done?

I have been talking with etuners about custom ecu and dsg tune. For DSG adjusting clamping pressure, launch control, shifting points, torque limits and delete the auto kick down in M mode. Bit more pricey tho at $1600

Users Country Flag
    Wouldnt it be the GTI downpipe?

When you getting the works done?

I have been talking with etuners about custom ecu and dsg tune. For DSG adjusting clamping pressure, launch control, shifting points, torque limits and delete the auto kick down in M mode. Bit more pricey tho at $1600
    Hi Inasnt,

The GTI dp is for a front wheel drive, we have awd and so the bends are a bit different so we need the Golf R awd dp.

Thinking about pulling the trigger over the next few months, I’m keeping an eye out for an IS38 with Low kms (not first gen- which had issues).

I spoke with Gordie from etuners a while back and they have been getting some great feedback for their tunes. They have a dyno in Melb and can do a before and after run (around $100). Let me know how you go.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Inasnt,

The GTI dp is for a front wheel drive, we have awd and so the bends are a bit different so we need the Golf R awd dp.

Thinking about pulling the trigger over the next few months, I’m keeping an eye out for an IS38 with Low kms (not first gen- which had issues).

I spoke with Gordie from etuners a while back and they have been getting some great feedback for their tunes. They have a dyno in Melb and can do a before and after run (around $100). Let me know how you go.
    CTS MK7 R Downpipe fit?

Users Country Flag
    Went to see Etuners in Dandenong today to look at options. They do a baseline dyno run then send the details with mods to their head office in Greece. Within 5-10 mind revised tune is sent back and loaded then dyno run again, process is repeated until you and they are happy with the curve and parameters.

I am used to the dyno operator doing the tuning on the spot, but having an expert in Greece looking at the live data is essentially the same thing.

MK7 GTI/R CTS Intake and MK7 R Downpipe fit. There is so much more room in the engine bay than a GTI/R to get to the intake and downpipe, can actually see all the bolts.

As intake is not needed for stage 1 or 2 tunes might put a K&N drop in filter in which is around $85. Might be too much noise with the CTS I take I was thinking.

Downpipe is $1100, $350 install. Around 3k for stage 2 with dsg tune for around 250kw@ engine real custom tune power.

Looking to have it done in 2 weeks time

Keen to see a video when you have done it!

Users Country Flag
    Went to see Etuners in Dandenong today to look at options. They do a baseline dyno run then send the details with mods to their head office in Greece. Within 5-10 mind revised tune is sent back and loaded then dyno run again, process is repeated until you and they are happy with the curve and parameters.

I am used to the dyno operator doing the tuning on the spot, but having an expert in Greece looking at the live data is essentially the same thing.

MK7 GTI/R CTS Intake and MK7 R Downpipe fit. There is so much more room in the engine bay than a GTI/R to get to the intake and downpipe, can actually see all the bolts.

As intake is not needed for stage 1 or 2 tunes might put a K&N drop in filter in which is around $85. Might be too much noise with the CTS I take I was thinking.

Downpipe is $1100, $350 install. Around 3k for stage 2 with dsg tune for around 250kw@ engine real custom tune power.

Looking to have it done in 2 weeks time
    Super exciting!!!!! Let me know how you go. It would be good to post the dyno runs before and after. Do you mind asking Gordie whether the 162TSI is running a DQ380, 381 or 500?

Do you mind asking Gordie whether the 162TSI is running a DQ380, 381 or 500?
    It is the DQ500. The DQ380/381 has only just come out in the last year in Mk7.5 R (and Arteon).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast