Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discover Media - Latest Software Version

Btw how long did it take to install/update the new map? Did you leave the car with ignition on or actually running?
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Btw how long did it take to install/update the new map? Did you leave the car with ignition on or actually running?
    About an hour, left the ignition on without starting the car.

You can also do it while driving and if you switch the car off it will resume from where you left off when you start it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY20 Golf R - Dynaudio Excite 400w Premium Audio System - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - Lapiz Blue
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - R-Line Package - Pure White MY10 Golf GTI Mk6 - 5 door - DSG - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - Leather - Electric Seats - Sat Nav - MDI - Park Assist - RVC - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD! MY13 Polo GTI - 5 door - Bi-Xenon's - Panoramic Sunroof - Candy White - SOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by hcvo1 View Post
    About an hour, left the ignition on without starting the car.
    You can also do it while driving and if you switch the car off it will resume from where you left off when you start it again
    Good to know, cheers!
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Is this only the maps update?

Can we update the firmware of Discover Pro?

Users Country Flag
    Haven’t tried... that’s the next thing to do

MY20 Golf R - Dynaudio Excite 400w Premium Audio System - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - Lapiz Blue
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - R-Line Package - Pure White MY10 Golf GTI Mk6 - 5 door - DSG - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - Leather - Electric Seats - Sat Nav - MDI - Park Assist - RVC - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD! MY13 Polo GTI - 5 door - Bi-Xenon's - Panoramic Sunroof - Candy White - SOLD!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hcvo1 View Post
    Haven’t tried... that’s the next thing to do

Do we have a link to the firmware update though?

I wonder how much the dealer will charge to update the Discover Pro firmware or if that is part of the $453 maps update?

It is pretty awesome we get free maps updates though. I wonder how often they come? In the last year, the maps went from 62 to 68. I assume that is 4 updates of maps in the last year?
    Last edited by marcuskmt; 22-04-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by marcuskmt View Post
    Do we have a link to the firmware update though?

I wonder how much the dealer will charge to update the Discover Pro firmware or if that is part of the $453 maps update?

It is pretty awesome we get free maps updates though. I wonder how often they come out but in the last year, the maps went from 62 to 68. I assume that is 4 updates of maps in the last year?
    As far as I know it, the firmware is not part of the price. Firm what I have read, the map update comes out twice a year.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, a bit under an hour - but if you give it an hour to play it safe it’s worth it. Both our cars, just in the yard with the ignition turned on, headlights off, climate control off.

The software version and the maps are separate updates, but will both be done at the same time if the package is accepted by the head unit.

I was interested to read in other threads that others have been having trouble with the DiscoverCare app in recent days - interests because mine was playing up but is now working perfectly. For whatever reason, when I downloaded the update pack previously (outside of DiscoverCare - when it was playing up) I was unable to get the head unit to update the map package, only able to get th4 software version to update.

Be be interested to know of others experiences.
    Cheers

Yes definitely works on MIB2 with discovercare.
    No issues.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post

The software version and the maps are separate updates, but will both be done at the same time if the package is accepted by the head unit.
    After the update, the software is still 0814.

The maps updated from 62 to 68.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast