Page 435 of 495 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 4941

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SW33 View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked somewhere before... but does anyone have suggestions on oil for 7.5R? 5W-30 for cooler climates (Tasmania)?
    Hey SW ... You need to get an oil that's been blessed with holy hydraulic fluid by VW's engineers in their Church of Lubricity in Wolfsburg. The back of the bottle will state ... conforms to "VW 508.00" or "VW 509.00", or words to that effect.

I believe the choice is on the slim side, but I'll be grabbing Castrol Edge when my time comes. Can you get back to me/us if you have any handy hints for the oil change procedure ?
    Last edited by SteveMc; 10-04-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Users Country Flag
    Gday all, looking for some help with dealer negotiations for a new Dec build 2017 MY18 Wolfsburg hatch with sunroof: dealer is playing hard ball re pricing at this stage with no love even at $62k; he says however he will price match if he sights someone's invoice (de-identified obviously). Anyone done better and can flick me a copy of your invoice? (someone on Whirlpool posted a price of $59k for a new Wolf with roof yesterday btw). cheers

One award winning dealer (name withheld) recently told me they never discount Wolfsburgs because there's always somebody willing to pay the full recommended price. They were quite willing to negotiate the price of an R.
    BTW, you can turn a regular R into a Wolfsburg with a few cheap badges from eBay.
    YMMV

Users Country Flag
    I saw the same post on Whirlpool, and have been told the same as bgroper as well.

In saying that I would've thought they would be pretty keen to get rid of 2017 models, Wolfsburg or not..

They definitely discount Wolfsburgs, I got a Wagon for $62K and saw another go for a bit less. My local dealer was telling me they wouldn’t go less than $66K, and then a month or so later they sold it for less than what I had offered them.

It was from the first batch, and with the second batch of Wolfsburgs, Rs and Grids all inbound, maybe it was a good time to buy.

I think you have to decide if you REALLY want the car or not, and keep a close eye on who’s got stock and if it’s not moving.

I found contacting a dealer through Carsales it went straight to the manager and then they palm it off to the sales guy. So it was easier to get a good price from the manager buy letting them know what you are prepared to pay.

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys

Just ordered a Deep Black Pearl Golf R 7.5 fully optioned.

Honestly can't wait! But it will be sad day to let go of my beloved Subaru WRX (2016)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfield View Post
    Hi guys

Just ordered a Deep Black Pearl Golf R 7.5 fully optioned.

Honestly can't wait! But it will be sad day to let go of my beloved Subaru WRX (2016)
    I still have fond and vivid memories of my Subie, but they won't last long at all once you're behind the wheel of your R. I don't think you'll even have to be moving - just sitting there looking around will hammer home how far your little Dub is from the Sube.

Proverbial chalk and cheese.
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMc View Post
    I still have fond and vivid memories of my Subie, but they won't last long at all once you're behind the wheel of your R. I don't think you'll even have to be moving - just sitting there looking around will hammer home how far your little Dub is from the Sube.

i had a forester GT and then an XT. the r is so far ahead. i love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon
    2017 - 7.5 R Wolfsburg Wagon
    2010 - Audi Q5

Users Country Flag
    Do you guys have any trouble with scraping the bottom of your cars on steep driveways? Have had a couple of little scrapes in last couple of weeks in my Wolfie. Perhaps my tire pressure is too low?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMc View Post

Haha yes, a former R owner I know has mentioned similar things!

The only that bugs me is the look of the Spielberg standard rims... sort of not loving them but also growing on me?

Page 435 of 495 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485 ... LastLast