Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disable DRL on 2017 Jetta Comfortline

Users Country Flag

Disable DRL on 2017 Jetta Comfortline

Can anyone help me. I want to disable the DRL’s on my new Jetta Comfortline. I’ve tried the indicator stalk trick and checked the back of headlight switch which I believe is a euro switch. HELP!!!

Users Country Flag
    Take the bulbs out...

Seriously though, why don't you want them?

I believe the law is for all cars built past 2011 or 2013 (IIRC) has to have DRLS...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Ope is correct It is illegal to disable them. Not that it stops some doing it.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by adamstanley View Post
    Can anyone help me. I want to disable the DRL’s on my new Jetta Comfortline. I’ve tried the indicator stalk trick and checked the back of headlight switch which I believe is a euro switch. HELP!!!
    Adam: Hi: First, you might want to consider the Australian Design Rules (i.e. the ADRs -being road-legal rules for Aussie cars). I haven't read the ADR in quite a while (it's a really arcane document) but my understanding is that if your car was factory fitted with DRLs, it's an offense to disable the lights - alas.

Second, if you really want to proceed - the "correct" way to disable DRLs, is by turning-off the software switch in the module that controls lighting in the car. If your car is built on an MBQ platform, that module is the BCM @ address hex09. IF you simply remove the lamp, the monitoring ciruits in the car will detect a light failure and you will/should get an error message on the dash

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thankyou all for your responses. Yes I’m aware that I probably shouldn’t be turning them off. I’m on the road for work a lot and spend a lot of time parked on my laptop with the car running hence the reason I don’t want them on while stationary.

Users Country Flag
    If you are parked with the car running what are you worried about LED's draw 2/5 of sweet FA Far better to be seen than get hit without them and have no insurance Cant see the logic in turning off safety devices. Better turn your steering wheel airbag off as well so laptop doesnt hit you in the face if disaster happens when parked
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 18-11-2017 at 02:24 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by adamstanley View Post
    Thankyou all for your responses. Yes I’m aware that I probably shouldn’t be turning them off. I’m on the road for work a lot and spend a lot of time parked on my laptop with the car running hence the reason I don’t want them on while stationary.
    Adam: Again, it depends on whether your Passat is MQB platform, but if it is - I wrote a really simply tweak that will turn-off the DRLs whenever the hand brake is applied - sounds like it might be perfect in your situation.

see HERE

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Adam: Again, it depends on whether your Passat is MQB platform, but if it is - I wrote a really simply tweak that will turn-off the DRLs whenever the hand brake is applied - sounds like it might be perfect in your situation.

see HERE

Don
    Don, looks like he has a Jetta Comfortline.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

you shouldn't be stopped with the engine running whilst using a laptop - its illegal.. computers are treated the same as a mobile phone for drivers...
    To "Park" a vehicle the engine will be off.
    1974 1300 Beetle, 1997 Golf GL, 2003 New Beetle Cabrio, 2014 Audi A4 quattro

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I came on here for some genuine advice not to have the p..s taken and be ragged on. If you don’t have anything constructive to say don’t comment!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast