Support VWWC

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf mk7: Auto Start/Stop disable switch - who wants to help?

Sorry to not have read all 11 pages of this thread. TLDR;

Is it possible to disable the Stop/Start function using the coding software ?

Disable engine Start / Stop functionality.
    Select Control unit 19
    Adaptation
    Start Stop Limit voltage
    Value=12

Would this work too ?
    Current : 2017 Mk7 Golf R (most options) || 2012 Golf Mk6 TDi (few options)
    Gone : 2004 Bora V6 4Motion (few klms, all options)

><(((°> ><(((°>

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bgroper View Post
    Sorry to not have read all 11 pages of this thread. TLDR;

Is it possible to disable the Stop/Start function using the coding software ?

Disable engine Start / Stop functionality.
    Select Control unit 19
    Adaptation
    Start Stop Limit voltage
    Value=12

Would this work too ?
    Apparently it does work but like the temperature method a permanent flashing icon appears in the instrument cluster.
    The Car: MY20 Black Golf R Final Edition, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.

Quote Originally Posted by ozmale View Post
    Apparently it does work but like the temperature method a permanent flashing icon appears in the instrument cluster.
    Thx. Thats sure to irritate. Shall avoid.

><(((°> ><(((°>

Users Country Flag
    Haven’t heard of this before. No problems with my Tiguan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hole46 View Post

I think this start/stop think is an evolving std. some car may still be able to disable successfully, other it will get harder and harder. The manufacturers unfortunately need to make disabling difficult as its part of their economy calculations.

However there is a move in Australia (initiated by the insurance companies) to not have it at all. Apparently its has been blamed on an increasing number of car accidents as the engine cuts out just as you make a right hand turn in front of oncoming traffic.

Chris
    The Car: MY20 Black Golf R Final Edition, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.

Users Country Flag
    I think this start/stop think is an evolving std. some car may still be able to disable successfully, other it will get harder and harder. The manufacturers unfortunately need to make disabling difficult as its part of their economy calculations.

However there is a move in Australia (initiated by the insurance companies) to not have it at all. Apparently its has been blamed on an increasing number of car accidents as the engine cuts out just as you make a right hand turn in front of oncoming traffic.

Chris

This exactly is my issue with it from a safety point

Not to mention its annoying genersl habits i nearly got t-boned
    At a intersection when it cut out only 2 days after getting the car was not a happy camper you put you foot down and the wait is to long...
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hole46 View Post

Hole: The "temperature" and "voltage" methods work by fooling the control modules into thinking that either the ambient temperature is too high, or there is insufficient voltage in the battery to restart the car after it is turned off by SS. What happens if either of these tweaks are used is that an "A" with a slash appears on the MFD when the car comes to a stop (it's sometimes called the "SS tweak tell"). Have a look on your Tiggy for this symbol - I think that the "tell" appears over the gear number. This indicates that SS is active, but that it isn't able to engage because some aspect of the car prohibits the function. If you interrogate this "error", the MENU screen will display the first line in the picture below

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 20-10-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    This exactly is my issue with it from a safety point

Not to mention its annoying genersl habits i nearly got t-boned
    At a intersection when it cut out only 2 days after getting the car was not a happy camper you put you foot down and the wait is to long...
    BYW, two new unspoken rules of driving in Australia if you ever have an accident.
    1. I didnt see, I was distracted looking at the speedo. These days the authorities want us to spend all our time watching the speedo. You would be surprised the number of people getting off just by saying that statement.
    2. I couldn't get out of the way, the car didn't re-start quick enough.

By accident (no pun intended) I've discovered a welcome "feature" of the Stop/Start function.
    If coming to a stop quite smoothly, and being very gentle with the brake pedal during the final moments of motion,
    this prevents the engine from switching off when car becomes stationary.
    When already stationary, firmer pressure on the brake pedal will then stop the engine.
    Slight release of pedal pressure, without enabling any motion, will restart the engine.
    I don't remember reading about this in the manual, but there's lots I don't remember.
    Its becoming quite natural for me to use this feature (or is it a bug ?) to overcome the irritating and dangerous Stop/Start function.
    HTH
    Last edited by bgroper; 20-10-2017 at 03:19 PM.

><(((°> ><(((°>

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bgroper View Post
    By accident (no pun intended) I've discovered a welcome "feature" of the Stop/Start function.
    If coming to a stop quite smoothly, and being very gentle with the brake pedal during the final moments of motion,
    this prevents the engine from switching off when car becomes stationary.
    When already stationary, firmer pressure on the brake pedal will then stop the engine.
    Slight release of pedal pressure, without enabling any motion, will restart the engine.
    I don't remember reading about this in the manual, but there's lots I don't remember.
    Its becoming quite natural for me to use this feature (or is it a bug ?) to overcome the irritating and dangerous Stop/Start function.
    HTH
    bgroper: Yes, its called the "SS shuffle"; it's the sweet-spot in the brake pedal pressure beyond which the car has stopped, but before the SS function has engaged. I learned the SS shuffle in the early days of owning my mk7 - but I eventually got very tired of driving like Fred-Astaire! . This is the 21st century and VW's enforcement of a feature that makes their cars positively dangerous (example, completing a RH turn against oncoming traffic) is just plain wrong IMO!

It's OK (I guess) if folk drive with SS engaged (as long as I'm not the car coming the other way when they are completing a RH turn), but I cannot understand why the boffins @VW couldn't design the center console switch so that it remembers the position that it was left-in at the last ignition sequence.

Don.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast