Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Users Country Flag

Hello ...i am a new user here. I have a question about your OEM camera connection, I've just bought a RCD330 and I'm trying to work out which aftermarket camera I should get. If you need that converter you linked does that mean this unit only has a single composite video input where as the RCD510/RNS510 have component (RGB)?

printed circuit assembly
    Last edited by RickyTerzis; 02-12-2017 at 03:31 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyTerzis View Post
    Hello ...i am a new user here. I have a question about your OEM camera connection, I've just bought a RCD330 and I'm trying to work out which aftermarket camera I should get. If you need that converter you linked does that mean this unit only has a single composite video input where as the RCD510/RNS510 have component (RGB)?
    Yes the RCD330G just needs a composite signal so any aftermarket camera should work.
    The OEM cameras connect to the RCD510/RNS510 with RGBS.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mezah View Post
    anyone know if their is a reverse camera switch wire at the back of the unit at all? should be but Im trying to figure the RGB adapter
    OEM Reverse Camera Adapter for Volkswagen, Skoda, Seat
    Here's another one I found while searching around...

Volkswagen Factory Backup Camera RGB to RCA Video Output Converter

You lot are tempting me to do this upgrade...

I'd love carplay in the Golf, but I already have the RNS510 so I can't really justify it... the Van has a Pioneer AVIC so has much the same conundrum, although at least it's alrady got a composite camera

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    Here's another one I found while searching around...

Volkswagen Factory Backup Camera RGB to RCA Video Output Converter
    I installed the RCD330+ a few days ago and love it. Very responsive screen and carplay is fantastic. I can control Spotify with my steering controls. Have ordered the above part and waiting for it to arrive.
    Past - 2006 Mk5 R32, 2012 R56 Mini Cooper S
    Current - 2010 Mk6 GTi - Build Thread

Users Country Flag
    Hey dude, how difficult would it be to wire up this adapter to the factory reverse camera?

Replaced the rns510 in my mk6 GTi the other day with the rcd330 and love it!
    The only trouble I'm having is understanding how the adapter linked above, would be wired up for the reverse camera?

Users Country Flag

Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Quote Originally Posted by Novski View Post
    Hey dude, how difficult would it be to wire up this adapter to the factory reverse camera?

Replaced the rns510 in my mk6 GTi the other day with the rcd330 and love it!
    The only trouble I'm having is understanding how the adapter linked above, would be wired up for the reverse camera?
    Turns out harder than anticipated. Figured out the 12v and ground but could not figure out the reverse wire?

Anybody got this adapter to work yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arsenalroc; 22-08-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    Past - 2006 Mk5 R32, 2012 R56 Mini Cooper S
    Current - 2010 Mk6 GTi - Build Thread

Users Country Flag
    Hey dude, any chance you could check your inbox?
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalroc View Post
    Turns out harder than anticipated. Figured out the 12v and ground but could not figure out the reverse wire?

Anybody got this adapter to work yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found mixed answer online about this, but does the RCD330+ support the steering wheel controls on a MK5 GTI?

Users Country Flag
    No it does not
    Quote Originally Posted by vraptor View Post
    I've found mixed answer online about this, but does the RCD330+ support the steering wheel controls on a MK5 GTI?

Users Country Flag

Hi Guys,

I am new here and nice to meet you all.
    I am also like you guys excited to upgrade this HU and went ahead on my Golf MK6. But now I am facing a problem. My OPS is not showing on screen. I searched numerious forums and tried different coding and upgraded CAN Gateway as well but still no luck. So I hope someone from here can pinpoint my problem.

- My OPS is retrofitted one which I purchased from AliExpress.
    - When I put reverse gear or press the button, only make beep sound. (The rest function as expected, only visual is not showing on screen)
    - Radio volume is lowered (which mean Radio is communicating with this OPS module?)
    - For wireing, I tapped High/Low to CAN Gateway (I believe this is correct as I am able to access OPS module Address.10 via VCDS)
    - For 12V power, I connected to ACC (Power). Which mean can activate OPS without starting the engine. (Is this should be the right way?)
    - My OPS module is 56D 919 475 A. (Module itself is problem?)
    - When I scan using VCDS, there is a one “Missing message” error. But most people said they also have that error and not effecting the functionality. Some said have to upgrade instrument cluster. (I have no idea)

So kindly please help me as I spent so much time on this and also invested a lot on this.
    Thanks in advance!

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast