Thread: DAB+ for 2016 Passat 136TSI with Discovery Pro

Users Country Flag

DAB+ for 2016 Passat 136TSI with Discovery Pro

Hi, is it possible to get DAB+ on 2016 Passat with discovery Pro unit?

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Users Country Flag
    Yes it's possible.
    Not from VW Australia.
    You would need to replace the mib unit in your glovebox with a dab version and install a dab antenna.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I see, so pretty much I wouldn't be able to do it unless I change the mib unit. Thanks man.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rave75 View Post
    I see, so pretty much I wouldn't be able to do it unless I change the mib unit. Thanks man.
    rave75: Hi- Kamold is correct (he normally is!) and I am not aux fait with the your Passat's equipment, but if you can - have a peek at the rear of your MIB and check for the presence of a DAB aerial socket. More than likely, the socket won't be there, but there is a very, very, very feint chance that you may be lucky (I hope that you are lucky)!!!

Don

PS: ......and here is a video of how to remove the MIB unit (you will need the two "keys"):

PPS:.......... and if you do decide to upgrade - pay particular attention to how the seller of the new MIB unit handles "Component Protection", which is a system VW uses supposedly to combat the black market for stolen parts. The new MIB unit won't operate successfully without a solution for the resulting CP error. OEM units need to have CP errors removed by a registered dealer, but some third party sellers of MIB units have hacked CP (in these units, the CP error generally still remains, but the effects of the CP error has been removed)
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for your detailed explanation! Btw where can I get those two "keys"?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rave75 View Post
    Thanks for your detailed explanation! Btw where can I get those two "keys"?
    Pm me your vin and I'll look up your unit save you the trouble.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500