Thread: Turning off then climate control

Users Country Flag

Turning off then climate control

Has anyone else experienced the same behaviour that I see? I can turn off the air-con instantly by going into the climate control menu and tapping to Off button, but requires a few steps, and my eyes focused on the head unit. In my Jetta, I just have to dial the temp back (pretty much one twist of the temp dial to the left) and it turns off, but with the tig I have to do this about 4-5 times before it actually turns the air-con off. It's annoying, because whenever I open the sunroof I always turn the air-con off straight away, and right now I'm spinning the temperature dial about 5 times to turn it off.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Same here Glad, i reinforce my finger hard enough to anticlockwise twist the knob to turn it off. I dont turn it on since then ..... cant pay attention to other things while doing this.

Users Country Flag
    Yes that bugs me a bit as well, sometimes I just leave it on low fan speed rather totally switching off. It seems that we lost the Off button and have the Rest one instead (which keeps the heater running for 30mins after switching car off to keep it warm) which I am not sure I would really use. Had wondered if was possible to reprogram that button to be an Off button instead but not sure if that would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Why would you want to turn it off? Set the temp and put it on auto, in the five years I owned my previous car it never got turned off and this one is the same.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Why would you want to turn it off? Set the temp and put it on auto, in the five years I owned my previous car it never got turned off and this one is the same.
    To save on fuel.

I bet you can't tell the difference with these new compressors that are fitted in cars these days. The old rotary and piston compressors were certainly power hogs but those days are long gone.

Fair enough, I haven't got a sunroof but when I did I never used it. Good point though that never occurred to me.

Users Country Flag
    I must be missing something here, just pressing the AC button will turn it off, will it not?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
    132 TSI Tiguan Black with Drivers assist and Luxury Packs.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by martinnw View Post
    I must be missing something here, just pressing the AC button will turn it off, will it not?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
    No, that just turns off the Air con compressor but keeps the fan going. I want to turn off the whole system when it's not needed.

I discovered this yesterday, if you turn the fan all the way down to put it on the lowest setting, then wait a second and turn it down again and it turns the fan off. No need to go into the menu.