Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf Alltrack

Users Country Flag

So its not a constant 4 wheel drive ?
    Only comes into play when the front wheels spin looses traction ?
    Same as the Tiguan i have 130 TDI 7 speed DSG ,Then the 4 Motion cuts in engaging the rear wheels ?

Users Country Flag
    Yup its the Vw Haldex AWD system 95%+ power to front wheels till slippage then redirects power to rears newest mark 5 Haldex system (as fitted on the new alltrack) is vry good and doing it this way saves fuel as its frontwheel drive most of the time

Users Country Flag
    If it's anything like the system fitted to the Mk7 Golf R (which I assume it will be), it is so intuitive in the programming that the Haldex is already sending power to the rears based on lots of things like throttle position, steering wheel angle sensor and the like to premept when power will be needed at the rear before the front wheels lose grip. So it "knows" when you are ripping into a corner, for example, and starts sending drive to the rears. Pretty much foolproof, and not once in the R have I felt that it is a FWD with a little bit tacked onto the rear wheels.

It is quite simply brilliant, and a quantum improvement even over that put in the Mk6 variants. If the Alltrack has that, it will be perfect!

Users Country Flag
    Big thanks to moderator AdamD

Got the courage to up and book in a tune for my new alltrack when it arrives

Also got a set of 19 inch 40th edition rims and a big brake setup to go with it
    So will be picking car up from dealers and dropping it off to be modified lol
    Golf Alltrack-$_1-jpgGolf Alltrack-20170427_173250-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Got the courage to up and book in a tune for my new alltrack when it arrives

Also got a set of 19 inch 40th edition rims and a big brake setup to go with it
    So will be picking car up from dealers and dropping it off to be modified lol
    Golf Alltrack-$_1-jpgGolf Alltrack-20170427_173250-jpg
    Congrats - that's a great set of mods you've got planned there!
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Going lower?

What are the outputs for a tune of the diesel?

Users Country Flag
    Not planning to go lower atm just about out of cash after everything

will keep it in mind if i think the look will be better

Going to be using fast stuff in mordialloc (melbourne) had a chat with the boss (you can tell he loves his cars)
    going to get a dsg tune at the same time output is not crazy want to keep the car for 10 years
    Factory is 135kw and 380 nm after tune should expect approx 155kw and 450ish nm
    So almost gti omph with a tdi 0 to 100m is 7.8 stock expexting to shave 1 sec off that and no traction issues or wheel hopping in wet with 4motion

Using the 19 inch wheels with 35 sidewall cause i never intend to go offroad (like 90+% of people who will buy it)
    The big brakes are mainly for show as i hate the look of big open wheels with small brakes inside
    that said it will be nice to be able to stop on a dime if needed
    Faststuff said that if you really need to stop with those brakes will need to peel yourself off windscreen after lol

Picked up a 2017 MK7 (not 7.5) Alltrack with sports luxury pack for $36.5k driveaway. Showroom demonstrator with only 15km (so basically brand new). Decided the extras in the facelift are not really worth the wait/extra cost for me.

Coming from a MKV R32, the Alltrack still seems to have plenty of go based on my test drive. If I need more power, can always get a JB1/JB4.

Users Country Flag
    Well done you resisted the urge to splurge hope you get lots of enjoyment from it
    Still 3 mths to go for me 🤐

Users Country Flag

Carbon fibre wing mirrors

Hey guys

I am getting a alltrack but want to replace the crappy silver wing mirror caps with carbon fibre ones are the mirrors the same on all the 7+7.5 series? i can order some from overseas but want to get the right fit 1st time as its rather expensive to get the wrong ones

Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast