Thread: VW Polo Comfortline error message! Please help!

Users Country Flag

Angry VW Polo Comfortline error message! Please help!

I have owned my Polo for 3 years now and for the past year I have been having an issue with an error message that is continuously appearing but then disappears so quick that I don't get a chance to fully read what it says! Each time the error doesn't record in the car which is a pain! Here what I have managed to read of the message
    "Workshop error ...........
    Lever is in park position...."
    It is quite a long message and very hard to read in the amount of time it gives me. It only appears ever whilst driving.
    One time it happened about 5 minutes down the road doing from leaving home doing 60km, another time was after driving an hour at 100km! It is a very random message but it always popping up!

I have done some research and found others that have had the same issue and I have also seen a message that I think identical but not I feel its not the same.

The car has been in and out of Volkswagen for the past year and each time they can not fault the car which is frustrating! The car is now out of warranty and I'm just waiting for it to break down big time as I also have other problems with the car

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Are you sure you are fully releasing the handbrake or that something has jammed under the mechanism
    What do the others think it is
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    This is a problem that is starting to creep into some 7-speed DSG gearboxes.

Apparently a reset of the Mechatronics may fix it.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag

VW Polo Comfortline error message! Please help!

Hi... that error happened to me too, took it to the dealer and they replaced the shifter assembly and it hasn’t re occurred since. There r no error codes either stored when this error happened.

Well, not my local dealer, they just said it’s normal. Took it to Bundaberg VW. Apparently it’s common in 7speed dsg, but usually happens on the golfs.

MY15 Polo GTI - Red - DA Pack
    Last edited by Harrydhillon; 16-01-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    Harry
    MY15 RED Polo GTI 6C - with DA Pack

Users Country Flag
    Hi Harry,

How much did it cost you? Was it covered under warranty? I am getting the same error in my VW Golf.

Following, as I am getting this in my 2015 Golf also