Thread: UK R36 owner

Users Country Flag

Cool UK R36 owner

Hey guys,

I drive an R36 Estate in the UK, have had it about 6 years now, been a great car but having issues with the RNS 510 satnav, and found some great articles on here. Thanks to you guys I have upgraded the firmware and maps and am now going to attempt the HDD replacement with a SSD.

The main reason for trying this is that the HDD only works when the unit has warmed up, if I try and use it when cold I can't access any media or maps. But go somewhere, turn off and come back 15 mins later, and it all fires up and works a treat. However it's getting frustrating as winter is on it's way and the unit never works now first thing in the morning. So I am going to try the HDD->SSD swap and wanted to post here about my experiences, however it seems I have to introduce myself first! So here I am.

Cheers,

Fronty

Users Country Flag

Welcome to the forums.
    Maybe your RNS is telling you to move somewhere warmer
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500