Support VWWC

Thread: Tired of no response from VW, PLEASE HELP

Users Country Flag

Angry Tired of no response from VW, PLEASE HELP

Hi all,
    New to this forum but not to posting topics.
    I have tried again and again to get a straight answer from VW and I really just need someone out there to set the record straight.

I have a golf mk6 118 TSI auto 7DSG 5 door with what I'm told is the RNS-510 with V2 maps.

When I test drove this golf in melbourne, the radio was displaying the name of the station AND the name of the song playing.

My one doesn't do that. Why???

I also can't get bluetooth audio to work even though all the options are selected. I can make and receive bluetooth phone calls in the car but can't stream music from my iphone 3gs. Note that I have the basic Bluetooth option car speaker system.

I would also LOVE to know about the latest firmware for the RNS-510. Are there different models of the RNS-510, because everywhere i look, peoples SAT navs seem to be capable of different things. Why are there only third party firmwares available??

A battle I have won recently was getting VW to replace the watercooler pump to get rid of that annoying squek on the mag clutch!

I have the dealer install the RNS-510 and I have no idea if I've been ripped off on an older model or some such. Any info would be stupendous!

Cheers All,
    David

Hey David,

Don't know much about the other issues, but the radio station naming uses a feature called Radio Data System (RDS).

Hardly any of the stations in Canberra have the technology (surprise surprise!), but on a recent trip to Sydney, most of the stations I tuned into would show the station name. I don't know if this can be turned on and off in your system, but it might give you a starting point to look for in your manual.

Cheers,

Simon
    MY08 Jetta TDI, DSG, Platinum Grey, Anthracite Leather, Foglights
    MY07 Polo TDI, Reflex Silver, GTI Wheels, GTI Suspension

Users Country Flag
    Visit the dealership, ask to speak to the service manager, and ask him the questions to his face. Don't leave without an answer, or an undertaking to get you an answer by a particular date. If they then don't get the information by that date, visit again, and don't leave this time. If they can't answer, suggest that you'll be talking to the department of fair trade (or equivelent) in the ACT to discuss your options.

When they do answer your questions, get them to back up their answers with evidence - get them to show you the screen on the RNS-510 that displays the firmware revision, get them to show you in the feature list where one version of the bluetooth feature will let you send music to the car stereo but another will not. And if you were told by the salesman that your feature set would have that ability and it turns out that it does not, ask them what they're going to do about it. Again, this could become an issue for fair trading if you were sold a car as having features that it turns out not to have.
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Welcome.....
    Par 6 Golf GTI. Coilovers, BBS CH Wheels, APR'd
    Caddy van 05/07 (colourcoded) (BRIGHT! orange!) coilovers, Konis 18in. wheels, Oettinger tuned

Quote Originally Posted by mr_walker View Post
    Hey David,

Don't know much about the other issues, but the radio station naming uses a feature called Radio Data System (RDS).

Hardly any of the stations in Canberra have the technology (surprise surprise!), but on a recent trip to Sydney, most of the stations I tuned into would show the station name. I don't know if this can be turned on and off in your system, but it might give you a starting point to look for in your manual.

Cheers,

Simon

I think the only station is RAW FM that comes up here in canberra on screen.. With the new software in the RNS-510 system you can even ask it to change to RAW FM unlike when you have to ask it to change it to and say for FM104.7 you say "One Hundred and Four point seven"
    Phillip Fairhall
    Brand Manager
    Rolfe Renault / Audi Centre Canberra
    Melrose Drive Phillip ACT

Quote Originally Posted by davewave View Post
    I also can't get bluetooth audio to work even though all the options are selected. I can make and receive bluetooth phone calls in the car but can't stream music from my iphone 3gs. Note that I have the basic Bluetooth option car speaker system.
    I think that's more of a phone problem than the 510. To the best of my knowledge an iPhone doesn't have that capability.

Users Country Flag

Rsn510

Hey David,

You had any luck I also have the same head unit in my car( Tiguan) I can get the stations showing but not any songs. I too have not got any answers from VW.
    Have you had any more news.

love to know if you have found out anything.

Marty.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by davewave View Post
    When I test drove this golf in melbourne, the radio was displaying the name of the station AND the name of the song playing.

My one doesn't do that. Why???
    Take a drive to Melbourne and see what happens is all I can suggest. As mention RDS is not common in regional areas, not common on ABC channels either.
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Users Country Flag
    I am in Melbourne and yes it does display the station names but I want it to show song names etc. !!!!!!!!!!!!! any one????????????

Users Country Flag

in the setting of thehead unit, activate RDS.