Support VWWC

Thread: t4 cooling system not working as it should

Users Country Flag

t4 cooling system not working as it should

hi all wave a 99 t4 2.5 petrol found the wire to the electric inline water pump broken repaired said wire
    pump still dosent work and the thermo fans dont seem to work as they should. hope i can get some help on this thanks.

I know very little about the electric pump although I have replaced mine because of a small coolant leak. The wire you have repaired is only live & at a certain temp, generally on a warm to hot day or after working hard. It is independent of the ignition switch & is normally only heard running after turning the engine off. The thermo fans will only come on, once again at a pre-set temp or with the AC switched on. Does your fans ever come on?
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

thanks for the reply jets yes the fans would always come on on a warm day.but the otherday it was warm day coolant overflowed from the coolant bottle over presureised fan didnt come on ? got home and found the pump wires broken ps had the main waterpump replaced
    12 months ago. is there a chance a relay or a fuse has gone if so which fuse and or relay are related i dont have a fuse diagram thanks