Thread: Possible bargain 2010 Jetta tsi

Users Country Flag

Possible bargain 2010 Jetta tsi

Hi guys.

On a whim I purchased a 2010 manual tsi Jetta that I plan to use as an uber car. It only has ~110k kms and it was a one owner car. I paid $6500 for it with 11 months rego and bar the odd scratch or two it seemed like a very clean car. On the test drive I did note that the super charger made a lot of noise but the seller (son of the actual owner) said that's normal and they all do that.... On the drive home the car went into limp mode on the highway after the harbour bridge . I restarted the car and it was fine but under powered. I got it home and a friend noticed that the intake to the super charger had blown off .
    The next day I managed to pull everything off I needed to pull off to reinstall the intake properly and once done the car drove great but it would only rev out to 3000rpm and the hot catalytic converter light came on. After some quick research I found I could reset the code with an obd2 scanner. After a quick search on gumtree my mate found a localish guy who sold them. Picked the reader up, reset the codes and now she drives great. The only thing is she does take quite a while to start up cold. Usually around 5 seconds which is disturbing.
    Something else that's disturbing is the large number of reciepts from the vw service department. There's got to be $20,000 in reciepts. I've been to scared to go through them properly but if anyone's interested I will post up some photos and we can see wether or not a) they were warranted and b) wether I should be glad about the reciepts or worry that the cars a lemon.
    In the meantime I'll say she's great to drive. Not fast by any means by my standards but it's just a pleasurable drive. The sound system is great and the car is super economical compared to my other cars. I wish finding a Bluetooth module was a bit easier but I'm sure I'll get there soon enough. Anyway, here she is.

I also have a Toyota Landcruiser Prado, a Toyota soarer and an s5 Rx7 which are all pictured (the rx7 is hiding).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possible bargain 2010 Jetta tsi-img_3957-jpg   Possible bargain 2010 Jetta tsi-img_1867-jpg  

The Jetta looks nice,and it's a compact sedan so very suitable for Uber.
    It seems like a bargain,hope it's not a lemon though......
    Corolla might have been a safer purchase ???

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    You are right Anthony, I should've gone with a Toyota. The turbo has **** itself and then I found out the hard way that the cams are attached to the cover so I'll be wrecking this beast if anyone's interested.

You must be so disappointed with the Jetta...

What are you going to replace it with ???

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I want to eventually get a Passat cc or an r36. It really just depends on how the whole uber things work out tax wise to be honest. I loved the Jetta when it was running and to be honest I knew the turbo was on the way out so I really can't fault the car.

I do a little bit of Uber driving.
    Used to have a Jetta that looked the same as yours...now have a Honda Accord Euro,now that's been a brilliant car.