Thread: Newbie - shortly Tiguan 162 r-line owner!

Users Country Flag

Newbie - shortly Tiguan 162 r-line owner!

Hi all - excited to (nearly) be a Tiguan owner. First VW purchase.

Have valued the advice and discussion on the site in the lead up to purchase!

Went with a fully optioned white 162!

Users Country Flag
    Exactly the same as mine When is yours due? I should have mine next month, it's been an agonising wait so far since ordering in September.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    Exactly the same as mine When is yours due? I should have mine next month, it's been an agonising wait so far since ordering in September.
    Yes and exactly the same as mine! There will be a few fully loaded white r-lines driving around soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY20 Golf R - Dynaudio Excite 400w Premium Audio System - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - Lapiz Blue
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - R-Line Package - Pure White MY10 Golf GTI Mk6 - 5 door - DSG - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - Leather - Electric Seats - Sat Nav - MDI - Park Assist - RVC - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD! MY13 Polo GTI - 5 door - Bi-Xenon's - Panoramic Sunroof - Candy White - SOLD!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I can imagine! Worth the wait though, spoke to a bloke in the street who has a Diesel Highline with R upgrade and his only regret was "not waiting for the 162"!

I was lucky. After contacting all dealers in Vic and some in SA, all said October delivery and wouldn't budge on price. I was about to choose another car as could not wait past mid year when last minute was contacted by Melb dealer who had a spot open up for exact specs with a delivery date around April. Negotiated (what seems like a solid deal based on forum posts) and contracted last Monday.

Fingers crossed it is on time. Contract guarantees May (latest) delivery with exit clause... so will be interesting. Forgot to put 'no stickers' in there though

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by hcvo1 View Post
    Yes and exactly the same as mine! There will be a few fully loaded white r-lines driving around soon!

Sure will be mate! The white makes the window borders, kickers and roof racks less visible... I think beat colour out of the three!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vwnc View Post
    Sure will be mate! The white makes the window borders, kickers and roof racks less visible... I think beat colour out of the three!
    I like how the black of the r-line pack stands out on the bumpers. And also makes the sunroof pop!

MY20 Golf R - Dynaudio Excite 400w Premium Audio System - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - Lapiz Blue
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - R-Line Package - Pure White MY10 Golf GTI Mk6 - 5 door - DSG - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - Leather - Electric Seats - Sat Nav - MDI - Park Assist - RVC - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD! MY13 Polo GTI - 5 door - Bi-Xenon's - Panoramic Sunroof - Candy White - SOLD!