Thread: Newbie Problem

Users Country Flag

Newbie Problem

High all first time poster with a major problem. I bought my first vw golf in 2006 been a great little driver fell in love with VW's when I was a kid and was even lucky enough to be driven around in a brand new 1960 rear split window . However my major problem is that I managed to punch a hole in the sump of my Golf and I need to find another sump for 2006 2lt engine BVY or does anyone know of somebody who can weld these cast aluminium sumps

Thanks Heaps
    Golfer56

Users Country Flag
    split windo bug would be 1950

best put advert in wanted section

local welders can tell if they can or not or refer you...to a competent bizz
    german - english translations esp vw documents!!

Dismantling 95 Seat Cord'a and 73 campers and 74 dc van !!! Some Mk1 and t2 ant3 gear in my stash,,,

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer56 View Post
    High all first time poster with a major problem. I bought my first vw golf in 2006 been a great little driver fell in love with VW's when I was a kid and was even lucky enough to be driven around in a brand new 1960 rear split window . However my major problem is that I managed to punch a hole in the sump of my Golf and I need to find another sump for 2006 2lt engine BVY or does anyone know of somebody who can weld these cast aluminium sumps

Thanks Heaps
    Golfer56
    Welcome to the forum.
    Any mechanic should be able to help you or at least tell you if it’s repairable or not (at least once removed). Though, the repair may be as expensive as a new or secondhand sump.