Support VWWC

Thread: New to OZ and straight back to dub scene

Users Country Flag

New to OZ and straight back to dub scene

Hi guys,

Just arriving from the UK. After owning everything from MK1's through to Audi 8P, I lasted all of 10 days in Australia without a VW car.

Just sold my Corrado VR6 and 3.2 Quattro A3 so had to have something. Went down a route I didn't think I would by buying a 9N3 Polo GTI.

Never had a Polo so thought I would give one a shot and see what its like.

Not one to leave them standard so already looking at what I can get here and from across the pond. Especially the UK with the current Brexit being very favourable with exchange rates.

So now to start looking at what services I can get local to get this up and running.

Anyway, hope to hear from a few of the VW guys over in WA to let me know what the craic is with the scene over here.

Cheers Kev.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Kev, what GTI did you buy? I just got myn yesterday.... Was it the blue one from bmw? I wanted that but someone took it as I was arranging to go up!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Nah, got a nice white one, one owner car from new with factory 17's and factory front spoiler. Super clean which from the cars I went and had a look at was rare.

Looking for bits and bobs already for stage 2 and some work to get it sitting right. Stance isn't that nice at the minute but will be sooner or later.

A little disappointed with the power though. Had it straight in and on VAG com. Had a fault on the N75 and had that cleared. Its making 9psi but certainly not what I am used to. So needs a good kick in the arse to get it going and keep it interesting enough for me to keep it.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Did I see you in the CBD - Northbridge area yesterday by any chance. Seen a red GTI yesterday with tinted windows.