Support VWWC

Thread: New Alltrack Owner

Users Country Flag

New Alltrack Owner

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member from SE Melbourne who has just placed an order for an MY18.5 Alltrack. I've joined up to learn about what small mods I can do to improve the car!

Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Welcome rowdy

I have a new alltrack myself great car

What mods are you looking at?

I have done quite a few to my alltrack wheels/brakes/wing mirrors/intake/rear window r spoilers ect
    Another alltrack owner here rooboy has helped me with enabling dynamic light assist and a whole lot of other obd11 tweaks
    New Alltrack Owner-20171101_180942-jpg
    Thats the new wheels and brakes not a cheap mod tho

New Alltrack Owner-20171120_143104-jpg
    You can see the wing mirrors in this photo i swapped the stock silver ones for carbon fibre ones(not real just wrapped) was only about $120 ordered from uk
    New Alltrack Owner-20170731_145344-jpg

Here are the rear spoilers for side of the rear window cheap mod only $80 ordered from uk they look vry nice

i hope you enjoy your car mate i know i love mine
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Looking Good!
    The carbon wrap looks mint, might look into getting that done. At the moment I'm researching 19 inch rims, whether I go aftermarket or VW branded I'm not sure as it all comes down to price and availability. Long term (towards the end of the warranty period) i'll look at playing around with the engine, see what power increases I can get. I have had a couple of extended test drives and I've completely fallen in love with it, such a great car to drive.
    Tungsten Silver 2018 VW Golf Alltrack 132TSI Premium - All Options - Coming June 2018.

Users Country Flag
    Congrats on the purchase!
    Last edited by Rooboy; 17-02-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Yeah i love the carbon fibre look

So much so im getting my engine bay stuff hydro dipped atm to look carbon fibre lol

With the 19 inch rim they ride just about as well as the stock 18 inch ones that come with the car as the stock tires are complete rubbish
    Just be aware that the offset for the stock 18,s is 45 and the 17,s are 38
    Mine cost me 3k for wheels and tires off ebay
    I had to have the clubsport wheels and they only come in 51 offset so they sit a little bit more inboard than i would like but meh i like em
    Got them with 235 wide tires instead of 225 it fits fine no guard rubbing
    Also with a open spoke design you may be disappointed with the small brakes lots of gap between disc and wheel especially on the back i know i was so had to upgrade to bigger brakes front from 310 to 340mm and rear from 280 to 310 mm(just my ocd kicking in lol)

As for power increases i want to do mine after warranty i have looked around and check out underground performance as you are in Melbourne when you do they come highly recommended

Post us some photos when you get it done
    Last edited by Kachingg; 17-02-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Yeah i love the carbon fibre look

So much so im getting my engine bay stuff hydro dipped atm to look carbon fibre lol

With the 19 inch rim they ride just about as well as the stock 18 inch ones that come with the car as the stock tires are complete rubbish
    Just be aware that the offset for the stock 18,s is 45 and the 17,s are 38
    Mine cost me 3k for wheels and tires off ebay
    I had to have the clubsport wheels and they only come in 51 offset so they sit a little bit more inboard than i would like but meh i like em
    Got them with 235 wide tires instead of 225 it fits fine no guard rubbing
    Also with a open spoke design you may be disappointed with the small brakes lots of gap between disc and wheel especially on the back i know i was so had to upgrade to bigger brakes front from 310 to 340mm and rear from 280 to 310 mm(just my ocd kicking in lol)

As for power increases i want to do mine after warranty i have looked around and check out underground performance as you are in Melbourne when you do they come highly recommended

Post us some photos when you get it done
    If you dont mind me asking, what type/price of brakes did you end up with?

Sent from my iPhone
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Users Country Flag

I found it quite difficult to find a workshop who would take me seriously as i did not have a traditional gti or r
    Took me 5 before i found one

I got golf r brakes front and back volkstech who i used had a pair of fronts and i used ebay to get the rear calipers

Total cost was about 3k fitted i did use german rotors Zimmerman ones and ate ceramic pads so that was a bit extra

Also got them painted professionally in candy apple gold which was a extra 500

You can get bigger aftermarket brakes up to 380nm with 6 piston calipers but it costs more way more would have been another 3 to 4k again for all 4 wheels
    As i was only after the looks as i don't track the car and also it being oem brakes was no issue for insurance purposes sealed the deal