Support VWWC

Thread: NEW to all this...GTI Original

Red face NEW to all this...GTI Original

Hi guys and girls!

My name is Pierre and am receiving my new MK 7.5 GTI Original this week! So excited

I also have a YouTube Channel which I will begin creating content for around the new car - if you are interested you can find me at Project 7 TV. I originally bought a new POLO GTI but had the DSG transmission failed 2 months in! (you can see my rant on my channel ). I now am upgrading to the Golf which I hope to be more reliable - what is your impressions on reliability on the MK7/MK7.5 platform?

I will post my first impressions of the car and do a quick review when i get the car.

Hope to speak to you all soon! Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Hey mate, welcome!
    Exciting that your new car is on its way soon! As far as reliability goes, my car is 4 years old - Mk7 with DSG. I've only owned it for the last year but there has been no issues whatsoever with the transmission, or any other part of the car!

Thank you! Great to hear to hear you've experienced no problems so far! I can't wait to get my car - will definitely post photos/videos when i get it. take care buddy

Users Country Flag
    You will have the wet clutch dsg 6 speed your polo had the problematic 7 speed dry clutch which never should have been put in any kind of performance car
    Good news is that the dq250 6 speed has been around a long time and is fairly bulletproof a dsg tune is a good idea to sharpen up the shifts in normal and sport mode

Enjoy your golf mate i am on my 2nd one now and still loving it
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    You will have the wet clutch dsg 6 speed your polo had the problematic 7 speed dry clutch which never should have been put in any kind of performance car
    Good news is that the dq250 6 speed has been around a long time and is fairly bulletproof a dsg tune is a good idea to sharpen up the shifts in normal and sport mode

Enjoy your golf mate i am on my 2nd one now and still loving it
    Awesome! Did you have any issues when tuning? Thanks mate, I'll post a video on my YouTube channel and link it when I get it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Nope no issues at all works very well hangs on more in normal driving instead of racing for top gear and lugging the motor and sport mode does not hang on until the very last rpm has been wrung out of the engine it makes both modes much more dynamic and enjoyable to drive
    Plus they increase clamping force on the clutchs and remove the torque limiter so its ideal for a engine tune as well
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Nope no issues at all works very well hangs on more in normal driving instead of racing for top gear and lugging the motor and sport mode does not hang on until the very last rpm has been wrung out of the engine it makes both modes much more dynamic and enjoyable to drive
    Plus they increase clamping force on the clutchs and remove the torque limiter so its ideal for a engine tune as well
    Nice man thanks for sharing!

Just picked up my GTI!!

Check out the vid:
    Taking Delivery of New Car! - 2018 Golf GTI Original - YouTube

More content coming soon! NEW to all this...GTI Original