Thread: Is my Skoda really a VeeDub???

Talking Is my Skoda really a VeeDub???

Hi All, I've kinda joined the VW family with a new (to me) 2014 Skoda Octavia vRS.

Very happy with it so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is my Skoda really a VeeDub???-2-image3-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Yes it is!

SEAT, Skoda, Audi and VW all share lots of common parts. You will likely find all sort of pieces with multiple different logo's stamped on them

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Welcome.

Skoda appears to be raiding the Audi design office recycling bins alot in recent years. In my opinion, that is not a bad thing.

My brother bought a Superb wagon late last year and we will be seriously considering a Skoda when we look for our next new vehicle.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by feenix74 View Post
    Welcome.

Skoda appears to be raiding the Audi design office recycling bins alot in recent years. In my opinion, that is not a bad thing.

My brother bought a Superb wagon late last year and we will be seriously considering a Skoda when we look for our next new vehicle.
    Actually Skoda tend to raid the Volkswagen parts / design bin, whereas Seat tend to raid the Audi parts / design bins...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pursute View Post
    Hi All, I've kinda joined the VW family with a new (to me) 2014 Skoda Octavia vRS.

Very happy with it so far.
    To answer your question, I have to say yes. But, the first VW Beetle has a Czech DNA all over it.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatra_97

Also, Skoda is between 5 oldest car manufacturers.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Škoda_Auto