Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK7.5 R-Line

Users Country Flag

Cool MK7.5 R-Line

Hey guys names Drew,

Have only just found this site today but it is a great source on info!!

My story began about 3 months ago when i decided driving a manual XR6 Turbo around the city was the worst thing in the world. So i dropped into a local VW dealer and feel in love with the Golf.

I was originally after a second hand GTI but looking at prices of them vs a new MK7.5 Highline i went the Highline route.

So after talking to the dealer i put a deposit down on a fully optioned Highline in white.

I pick up the car on Friday afternoon and cannot wait
    Last edited by AndrewEsno; 11-10-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    So its been a week now with my car and have racked up about 600km

I couldnt be happier with it, Coming from a XR6 turbo to this i thought i wouldnt be impressed with 110kw but it sure feels fast and is enough to still have fun in, the DSG box is wonderful to drive with.

Fuel economy has been great and the drive is so easy and comfortable, i spent nearly all saturday in it cruising down to Sorrento and along the coastal roads all day.

Its fully optioned out and the sound system is great, much better than expected but the bass could do with an upgrade in the futre and aslo the AID is amazing, i though it would take me a while to get used to but now i wonder how i lived without it.

I have had my OBD eleven onto it and changed a couple things like doors auto lock when leaving car and changed the AID faces, also de badged the rear boot lid.

Plans ahead are maybe new wheels and lower springs.

MK7.5 R-Line-img_4799-jpgMK7.5 R-Line-img_4804-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewEsno View Post
    So its been a week now with my car and have racked up about 600km

I couldnt be happier with it, Coming from a XR6 turbo to this i thought i wouldnt be impressed with 110kw but it sure feels fast and is enough to still have fun in, the DSG box is wonderful to drive with.

Fuel economy has been great and the drive is so easy and comfortable, i spent nearly all saturday in it cruising down to Sorrento and along the coastal roads all day.

Its fully optioned out and the sound system is great, much better than expected but the bass could do with an upgrade in the futre and aslo the AID is amazing, i though it would take me a while to get used to but now i wonder how i lived without it.

I have had my OBD eleven onto it and changed a couple things like doors auto lock when leaving car and changed the AID faces, also de badged the rear boot lid.

Plans ahead are maybe new wheels and lower springs.

MK7.5 R-Line-img_4799-jpgMK7.5 R-Line-img_4804-jpg

Nice i like it a lot

It was a toss up for me between the highline and the alltrack but the more powerful motor won out

Near thing tho!
    I do like the look of the hatch in white it looks good what wheels are you thinking of?
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Nice i like it a lot

It was a toss up for me between the highline and the alltrack but the more powerful motor won out

Near thing tho!
    I do like the look of the hatch in white it looks good what wheels are you thinking of?
    Wheel choice is so hard so I’m not to sure what I want yet MK7.5 R-LineMK7.5 R-Line

The white hatch with the R-Line kit looks so good just sits a bit to high for my liking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MK7.5 Highline.
    -Driver assist
    -Entertainment package
    -RLine package

Users Country Flag
    Nice looking ride. Which AID face did you choose? I have to get around to that.

Don't look in the wheel thread - you will get completely lost in choices
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    Nice looking ride. Which AID face did you choose? I have to get around to that.

Don't look in the wheel thread - you will get completely lost in choices

The face i chose is the one below.

Also i think i have found the wheels i want to get but the choice is hard i need to go have a look in person, and then size do i go 19s or can i fit 20s

MK7.5 R-Line-img_4892-jpg

Users Country Flag
    great colour choice! also good luck with the wheel search!!
    15 Golf R MK7
    Manual
    APR Tuned

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewEsno View Post
    The face i chose is the one below.

Also i think i have found the wheels i want to get but the choice is hard i need to go have a look in person, and then size do i go 19s or can i fit 20s

MK7.5 R-Line-img_4892-jpg
    i would advise 19 inch rims if your going for them 20 inch will need like 25 aspect sidewalls and your ride will be harsh

You are in victoria which has the vicroads guidelines of no more or less than 15mm of difference in rolling diameter from the largest stock wheels fitted to the car in question you have the same 18 inch diameter i had on mine i went from 225/45/18 to 235/35/19 with a change of 12.7mm so just inside legal limit also 225/35/19 and 235/40/19 will work 235/25/20 maybe able to squeeze in but i think ride quality might be adversely affected

Tho if you don't care about legality/roadworthy go for what you like lol

Also if you are thinking about a big brake setup in future make sure you check the offsets before buying normal vag wheels are 49 to 51 offset which will not clear a 4 or 6 piston caliper setup (as i found out to late ) you need minimum 45 but best to check what offset needed before buying

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    i would advise 19 inch rims if your going for them 20 inch will need like 25 aspect sidewalls and your ride will be harsh

You are in victoria which has the vicroads guidelines of no more or less than 15mm of difference in rolling diameter from the largest stock wheels fitted to the car in question you have the same 18 inch diameter i had on mine i went from 225/45/18 to 235/35/19 with a change of 12.7mm so just inside legal limit also 225/35/19 and 235/40/19 will work 235/25/20 maybe able to squeeze in but i think ride quality might be adversely affected

Tho if you don't care about legality/roadworthy go for what you like lol

Also if you are thinking about a big brake setup in future make sure you check the offsets before buying normal vag wheels are 49 to 51 offset which will not clear a 4 or 6 piston caliper setup (as i found out to late ) you need minimum 45 but best to check what offset needed before buying

Yea i think ill be going 19s
    Brakes wont be an issue i dont really plan on upgrading them anyway

Just want a nice set of wheels, Is there room to lower with 19s? At the moment it sits a bit to high,

Users Country Flag

If you go lower in sidewall at the same time which you will need to do they will clear fine if your going wider tyres/rims than stock or moving the offset out you may need to check tho if its like 5mm or so i would not be to concerned unless your lowering your car then get professional advice before buying anything as it can save you lots of heartache and money

If your set on lowering car if it was me i would lower 1st then get the rims/tyres that fit without rubbing doing it the other way around could be costly and embarrassing if you get it wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast