Thread: Mk6 DSG R > MK7.5 6MT R Grid

Mk6 DSG R > MK7.5 6MT R Grid

Hi all
    Long time reader, first time poster...
    I wasn't really looking for a new car until I stumbled across a deal that was "too good to pass up" and now I'm taking delivery of a 6MT Grid with DAP and sunroof early next week! I've always regretted getting the DSG so really looking forward to getting back into a manual. Can't wait!
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ebosh View Post
    Hi all
    Long time reader, first time poster...
    I wasn't really looking for a new car until I stumbled across a deal that was "too good to pass up" and now I'm taking delivery of a 6MT Grid with DAP and sunroof early next week! I've always regretted getting the DSG so really looking forward to getting back into a manual. Can't wait!
    Cheers
    Well done mate. Our driving worlds are opposite, me having had enough of rowing the thing around and now loving the DSG. But glad you picked the Grid R and not a "fully loaded" GTI, as they put it.
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

It's funny; the Grid R is almost my ideal car, but I genuinely wasn't looking for a new car until the service manager at camberwell tipped me off about them. I don't like leather, I never use the DCC in the MK6, I don't really like touchscreens for audio, and I'm not a fan of the digital speedometer. It's almost like the Grid was made for me! I would have preferred not to have a sunroof but the car in stock had one and I paid less than I thought would be possible with no options, so whatever. I've pushed them to have it ready by Friday at 2pm so I can start running it in on the weekend. Can't wait!