Thread: Hi all, T Bo here

Users Country Flag

Hi all, T Bo here

Hi T Bo here, just joined up having recently purchased a 2006 Polo GTI. Wanting info about OBDeleven and VCDS. Any suggestions as to which part of the forum to direct this enquiry to for my second post ? Thanks to all.

Users Country Flag

Go to Ross-Tech: Home for VCDS. It's like $400 something US for the model you can use with 10 cars and any device (iPhone,android, anything with wifi and a web browser) or $200 for a cable you can use with 3 cars. Don't get a cheap ODBII elm27, they're junk. VCDS will scan every module your car uses and you can change just about anything. Different wheel size, change speedo in a second. It will do the same thing if not better than what the stealership does. It's well worth the $700 AUD if you're going to keep the car. Sell the other slots to other enthusiasts that find out you have it. VCDS, coilovers, rims. In that order. You can clear all faults. Your faults show part numbers. Go look at some sample ones. I'll post a PDF of what mine looked like when the alternator was going. You can buy a fake cable from eBay and use the free Ross-tech software. They are great people, you just bought a great car. Don't put plastic eyebrows on it. Support really good people that will support you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk