Thread: Hi

Users Country Flag

Hi

HI

i've been looking at the forum for a while doing some research on the Octavia RS, i finally bought the RS245 with all the extras as an ex-demo and thought id return the favor by joining the group so i can share any info / experience about the car.

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Welcome B700! Pretty keen to hear your thoughts on the RS245 once you've got a chance, could be interested in one eventually when it's time to upgrade.

Cheers,
    Karl
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Karl
    i was originally looking at the RS169 and did the 48hr test drive but this one came up at a great price and couldn't resist, still getting used to the car but happy to answer any question.

cheers

Users Country Flag
    Hi B700,

I guess mainly I'm curious about the adaptive suspension, is it comfortable enough in that mode and is it sporty enough in that mode. The other curiosity I have is about fuel economy, my trip to work is 45+km one way so I need decent highway economy.

Thanks,
    Karl
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Hi Karl

Can’t say I’ve noticed a massive difference between modes, I think even in comfort it’s still on the hard side but not uncomfortably so, it handles the day to day bumps very well, I currently have it in individual mode with comfy suspension but with sports stearing and the rest in normal. Fuel efficiency seems good, I don’t have any figure for you at the mo but will have a look later and let you know

9.3ltr -100km average, mix of freeway & urban

Users Country Flag
    Hi again,

Thanks for the info. Seems pretty good although I'd be giving up a lot of fuel economy from the 110 TDI, long term average for me is 5.2 L/100km.

Cheers,
    Karl

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
    Hi again,

Thanks for the info. Seems pretty good although I'd be giving up a lot of fuel economy from the 110 TDI, long term average for me is 5.2 L/100km.

Cheers,
    Karl
    Nice ride

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk