Thread: 2007 TDI Jetta Sydney

Users Country Flag

2007 TDI Jetta Sydney

Hi all,

I picked up a 2007 TDI Jetta last week to replace my Citroen C4 that was written off just before Christmas. I needed another economical car as my daily drive to save fuel in my petrol LandCruiser, and this one looked pretty nice. 137,500km and the right price. Black with factory 18s and a mild body kit.

I’ve already had a couple of issues:
    I can’t seem to get the multi function steering wheel menu button to do anything to allow me to change system settings. I want to make it single button unlock.
    I’ve taken it on a holiday to Queensland this week, and it has done the overboost limp mode on me.

Anyway, I’m here to learn and contribute where I can.

Thanks, Richard

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezel View Post
    Hi all,

I picked up a 2007 TDI Jetta last week to replace my Citroen C4 that was written off just before Christmas. I needed another economical car as my daily drive to save fuel in my petrol LandCruiser, and this one looked pretty nice. 137,500km and the right price. Black with factory 18s and a mild body kit.

I’ve already had a couple of issues:
    I can’t seem to get the multi function steering wheel menu button to do anything to allow me to change system settings. I want to make it single button unlock.
    I’ve taken it on a holiday to Queensland this week, and it has done the overboost limp mode on me.

Anyway, I’m here to learn and contribute where I can.

Thanks, Richard
    Welcome Aboard

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum

I’m sure you will way prefer the Jetta to the Citroen.....

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Unfortunately it appears I may not have picked up the fine specimen I thought I did.

While being brave to drive it to Queensland in my first week of ownership, it appears to have done a water pump. Low coolant warning and on top up, it just runs out the engine on the belt side. I’ve found a great mechanic in Caloundra and we’ll see where it goes today.