Support VWWC

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Tyres - New tyres for Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Which ones - there are several tread patterns in the Dueller range
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

HP Sport 215 65 R16
    09 Polo GTi "Elke" | APR DV1 | H&R 35mm | Bilstein B8 | Remsa Pads | Pioneer |

Users Country Flag
    Got x4 new Michelin primacy SUV in 215/65r16. Overall comfort and handling is noticeably different and no almost no road noise.
    $169 at bob Jane fitted and balanced (price matched to Tempe tyres- RRP $210+)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Fitted a set of Dunlop Grandtrek AT3's went from 215/65/16 to 235/60/16. Almost the same diameter but with a bit wider thread.

Not as stable at 160km/h+ as the HP Duller HT tyre but no wind noise and comfortable on bad roads.

I just replaced my rears with the d697 bridgestone all terrain again 36000klm with a bad allignment still good

Users Country Flag
    Michelin XM2 60,000 on the front pair and I replaced them with the same. The back tyres still have another 10,000 in them. But, all highway driving. Quiet, cool running and long lasting tyres. Pirelli's on the Prado. The Tiguans are very light on tyres I have found. (125K in a 2011 TDI 103)

Users Country Flag
    All I've had on mine is Hankook Dynapros. "If it ain't broke..."

I read the hell out of forums/threads around the internet, and combined with my experience, I couldn't find a reason to change. My Tiggy's a diesel, but full of "spirited driving" real mix of urban/hwy.

I bought from my Dad @82,000KM, and he insisted on including a new free set on it (there was still 1000's of KM left!).

135,000KM now, and I'm sure it's still on that 3rd set (would have to check receipts/dates)... still plenty of meat on them.

Users Country Flag
    Hi, need to replace the Pirelli Scorpions - got high 30ks out of them but hated them in the wet, espec on roundabouts. Have standard 215/65/16 wheels.
    Looking at either Bridgestone Dueler HP sport or B'stone Turanza T001 based on reviews of their wet braking and handling.
    Any of you used either of those?
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Birdgestones were standard on the R-Line and seem perfectly fine in terms of wear, noise and so forth.

Dingah

If you don't go off road, you should consider dedicated road tyres such as Yokohama C-Drive or similar; whatever matches size/rating/budget. You'll get better grip on the road instead of a tyre that is a compromise for road/off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast