Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan VCDS Coding Options

Users Country Flag

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options

Thought I might just start and focus a thread on VCDS coding tweaks specific to the Tig.

By no means am I an expert on the matter!

However I intend to share what I've learnt and gathered to date, with the hope that others will gain interest in the topic and in turn share any new tweaks or settings that they've unravelled on their Tigs.

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-vcds-screen-jpg

The first place that delivers the biggest BFB or return on investment (once you've purchased a VCDS cable from Ross-Tech) is to access the full Convenience Settings via MODULE 9 - Central Electronics.

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-cornering-fogs-active-jpg

In total there are 30 Bytes/sub-menus (0 - 29) and each with various Bits/Check boxes which serve to turn options 'on' or 'off'.

IMPORTANT TIP:
    Access to this MODULE 9 is quite temperamental! Sometimes you may see a "no response from controller" message appear on your screen, but with no such problem with other modules during the same session. Ross-Tech have suggested that it is a VW gremlin that puts this module to sleep, whenever it detects that the doors are locked.

Solution is to just lock, unlock your doors a few times (using driver side central lock buttons) and finally end with the doors unlocked.

Officially there is a Ross-Tech Coding Manual for the Tig:
    VW Tiguan (5N) - Ross-Tech Wiki

However it is incomplete and most entries refer to coding from other VAG vehicles.

Now screen shots of certain Bytes and Bits that may be of interest to people:

Enabling/Disabling Auto Lock of the Rear Boot
    Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-rear-lid-auto-lock-jpg

Adding "Mirror Lowering on Reverse" to your MFD menu
    Note: Must have memory seat option fitted (but not offered in Australian Tigs)

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-mirror-lowering-reverse-jpg

Activating beep sound on alarm siren when locking/unlocking doors
    Note: Must have the factory alarm fitted, as sound is generated from the siren and not your horn

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-horn-active-jpg

Enabling/Disabling Synchronised Side Mirrors Adjustment
    Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-synced-mirror-adjust-jpg

Enabling/Disabling Low Beams as DRLs @ Bit 2
    Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-drl-active-jpg

Enabling/Disabling Fog & Park Lights Only as DRLs @ Bit 1 (manually type in a '1' in 2nd last digit of Binary Code)
    Enabling/Disabling Fogs as Cornering Lights @ Bit 7 (Left or Right Fog will turn on via steering wheel or indicator)
    Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-drl-fogs-only-active-jpg
    Note: If there is no check box provided for a certain Bit (e.g. Bit 1 above), then you can instead manually enter 'on' or 'off' into the Binary Code by typing '0' for 'off' and '1' for 'on' in the correct corresponding character. Remember that Bit 0 is always the last character in the Binary code and Bit 1 the second last and so on (as you're suppose to read the Binary Code from right to left).

Other DRL Options @ Byte 15 for those with no bi-xenons (e.g. Bit 6)
    Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-drl-byte-15-jpg

Enabling/Disabling Comfort Blinking Indicator
    Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-comfort-blinking-active-jpg

Changing the number of Comfort Blinks (select from 1 to 5)
    Note: Need to click on 'Adaptation' button and then select 'Channel 31' to access below screen

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-channel-31-jpg

Enabling/Disabling Coming Home & Leaving Home @ Bits 5 & 6
    Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-coming-leaving-home-jpg
    Last edited by tigger73; 14-01-2017 at 11:13 PM.
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Various Rear Wiper settings
    Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-rear-wiper-jpg

Disable additional licence plate bulb monitoring @ Bit 6
    Note: Will get rid of the stubborn "bulb out warning light" received even with error-free LED bulbs

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-byte-23-cold-lamp-monitoring-jpg

Disable footwell light monitoring @ Bit 3
    Note: Will not trigger "bulb out warning light" when fitting normal LED bulbs

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-9-central-electronics-byte25-jpg

Other worthy modules to note:

MODULE 10 - Park/Steer Assist: Adjustment options for Parking Sensors (e.g. volume & frequency/pitch of the beeping sound)
    Note: Need to click on 'Adaptation' button to access below screen

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-10-park-steer-assist-adaptation-jpg

MODULE 16 - Steering Wheel: Enabling flappy paddles on steering wheel @ Bit 4
    Note: Usually requires a Mk6 Golf R or GTI MFSW

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-sw-coding-4-jpg

MODULE 17 - Instruments: Disabling Seat Belt Warning @ Bit 1

MODULE 19 - CAN Gateway: Need to manually enable Module 37 - Navigation (when installing RNS510 for the first time) @ Bit 6
    Note: This will get rid of fault code within Module 19

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-19-can-gateway-enable-37-navigation-jpg

MODULE 37 - Navigation: Changing colour scheme of RNS510 Display @ Bits 4-5
    Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-37-navigation-jpg

VCDS CODING FOR RVC RETROFIT:

MODULE 37 - Navigation: To enable and show RVC on display @ Byte 3, Bit 6
    Note: This only works for the low line camera (i.e. without the control module that gives you moving guidance lines)

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-37-navigation-enable-rvc-jpg

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-37-navigation-microphone-off-jpg

MODULE 10 - Park/Steer Assist: To also show OPS (on LHS) together with RVC. Also tick this extra box @ Byte 0, Bit 5
    Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-10-park-steer-assist-rvc-ops-enabled-jpg

Tiguan VCDS Coding Options-10-park-steer-assist-adaptation-jpg

NOTE: MORE TWEAKS LISTED IN POST #18
    Last edited by tigger73; 15-01-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Users Country Flag
    I'd just like to add that, before you start any tweaking in VCDS do the full system scan, so you have all the controllers original coding when the things go bad, there is no undo button.

Before you change coding many screens in VCDS have "Test" button and it will display "Coding accepted" when all good, if not don't click "Save" button.

Users Country Flag
    Great work aussietig, very useful thread.
    MY11 Golf R - Rising Blue - 5DR - DSG - 19" Black OZ Ultralegerra - Leather - Sunroof - MDI - Euro Plates - Milltek Exhaust - Bluefin - SOLD
    MY11 Tiguan 147 TSI - DSG - Pepper Grey - Black Leather - RVC - MDI - BT

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
    Great work aussietig, very useful thread.
    Here, here. Am I right in assuming that if you activate the 'mirror lowering with reverse gear' that they will lower? I wouldn't have to change anything else? If so, that is a massive WIN!
    MY10 Tiguan 125TSI | Pearl Black | Manual | Comfort Pack | Kamei Eyelids | MDI | Not Leather | Rubber Floor Mats | Kids | Random Spillage | VWWatercooled Sticker | APR stage I | H & R springs | ECB nudge bar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bungers View Post
    Here, here. Am I right in assuming that if you activate the 'mirror lowering with reverse gear' that they will lower? I wouldn't have to change anything else? If so, that is a massive WIN!
    Getting that mirror to lower is totally worth the price of the cable!! (But would prefer to borrow someone elses...)

Users Country Flag
    It's just the passanger side mirror that will lower but yes, if you have the mirror adjustment knob to the left once you select reverse the mirror will lower automatically then return to it's normal position once in P or you drive off..I love it on the Golf.
    MY11 Golf R - Rising Blue - 5DR - DSG - 19" Black OZ Ultralegerra - Leather - Sunroof - MDI - Euro Plates - Milltek Exhaust - Bluefin - SOLD
    MY11 Tiguan 147 TSI - DSG - Pepper Grey - Black Leather - RVC - MDI - BT

Unfortunately coding has only enabled me to select it from the MFD.

Still hasn't worked for me!

Need people like prodigy who have a Golf with this Function working to provide VCDS scan.

Comparing Golf's coding with ours will help confirm whether it's missing code or hardware that is needed for Tig to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
    Getting that mirror to lower is totally worth the price of the cable!! (But would prefer to borrow someone elses...)
    For me, it was ability to enable the flappy paddles that cable has paid for itself somewhat.

But more so ... the peace of mind that there's no problems with the car under a full scan.

Or a heads up on what's the problem when things do go pear shaped.

Users Country Flag

Hey all,

Has anyone with a MY11 Tig been able to get Side mirror dip to work when in reverse?

I can get the option to appear in MFD using VCDS but nothing happens to mirror when in reverse?
    2011 Tiguan | 147TSI | Deep Pearl Black | Corn Silk Leather | Panoramic Sunroof | DSG (7-speed) | 4Motion | Bluetooth | MDI | Reverse Camera | RNS510 | 18" New York wheels | Premium Floor & Boot Mats | VCDS Micro CAN

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast