Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiguan Suspension Upgrade

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aztech View Post
    just had a look through the thread and looks awesome with that inch drop. Mine's the white one two so gave me a very good idea of what I'm in for
    Cheers! It makes a real difference to the looks and how it corners, but i didn't notice a real difference in the ride comfort with more low

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Yeah can't wait, are eibach seen as a premium brand over H&R? They seem to cost about $150 extra but forum members are reporting success with both brands.

Read the threads. 100% people have been happy with Eibach. 50% of people pull out the H&R which are slightly lower drop and firmer spring.

I had Eibachs in my old Tig and it's a progressive rate spring. Soaks up the small bumps better than stock and then firms up when pushed. Whereas the H&R are a fixed rate spring and tend to be a bit jittery over bumps. That's according to others reports - I haven't driven a car with H&R's.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Having had the eibachs for about 7-8 months I would recommend 100% but they can be a bit pricey if you just want more low, depends on the kind of driving/roads you are on

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Thanks guys, eibachs it is , for me aesthetics is a nice perk but I want to get it done for handling and to hold the nose steady during heavy acceleration and braking. My other vehicle is a octavia rs so handling is always my biggest gripe when I get in the tiguan.

Tigger, I noticed that there were a few unhappy customers of H&R on the forum after I posted. Anyway can get a set of eibachs for around $400 so really not an expensive upgrade for the benefit.

Users Country Flag

hey mate what option did you go for?

looking to upgrade my Q3 (same PQ35 platform as Tig)

currently running bilstein b4 with h&r 25/40mm drop and looking for better strut option but can't decide between B6 or Koni Yellow

Bilstein also do a B12 Kit with B6 + Eibach 25/25 drop which could be a good option, it would just mean i'd lose the bigger drop at the rear (unless the strut on the B6's are slightly shorter than the B4s it might work out well with the Eibachs)

The B4+H&R set up still runs ok but I know there's room for improvement for the ride quality even thought cornering and feeling more planted to the road has become better than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramee View Post
    Hi Guys, since last few weeks I am in a mission to find good suspension kit for Tiguan. I did talk to few forum members and got their feedback but still could not come to a conclusion regarding this matter

Once I was almost settle on Koni FSD + Eibach Pro Kit springs but in Koni website says their FSDs only work with factory springs. Can anybody confirm this or have success running this set up regardless of Koni's recommendation.

Another option is to get H&R street performance coil overs and they have a kit specially developed for Tiguans. Actually they have a moded Tig with this set up installed. If any of you guys have this I would really appreciate some feedback on ride quality.

Third option is to get H&R cup kit for Tigs. Any feedback on this installed on a Tig is also very valuable.

Also any other suggestions on lowering suspension kit suitable for Tigs is highly appreciated. I like to upgrade whole thing springs + shocks or coilovers in one go or at least have a plan if need to go for expensive set up. My highest priority is minimal sacrifice of ride comfort with lowering.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123