Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan "Diesel-gate" recall notice

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries

Tiguan "Diesel-gate" recall notice

Well, my letter arrived in the post yesterday letting me know about the voluntary recall on my Tiguan TDI to "fix" the emissions cheat code that my vehicle came with.

I gotta be honest, I have no intention of having the recall done! Not willing to hobble the performance on the vehicle, even if they say that there shouldn't be any impact on the performance. I call BS - why would they have cheated in the first place if there wasn't a benefit in performance to be had?

Anyone else get their letters yet and intend on having it don (or had it done already)?

Tiguan TDI, 6spd Tiptronic Auto
    Black, sunroof, comfort pack, off-road tech, tan leather, park assist & roof bars.
    Avg 7.63L/100km over 189,000kms

Users Country Flag

Tiguan "Diesel-gate" recall notice

Got mine a few months ago, and NO!

As a side note, I used to get my services done at a dealer in Canberra (closest dealer to me) and once only had an unexpected sizeable repair done by a dealer in Ipswich. Interesting the Ipswich dealer wrote a letter offering a years worth of Volkswagen roadside assistance as an incentive to participate in the recall, but nothing from the nearer dealership. Cements my decision to move my business to an independent.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Users Country Flag
    Wow,
    ...and didn't most of you guys were worried about the environment and how VW deceived you by selling you a car which didn't comply with a global emissions?

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Wow,
    ...and didn't most of you guys were worried about the environment and how VW deceived you by selling you a car which didn't comply with a global emissions?

Ahhh, you got the wrong guy here. I don't recall ever being one of those complainers. I was even looking into doing things like chipping, DPF removal, etc. I am sure there are a lot of people that did whinge, but I suspect a lot of those people would not fall into the "car enthusiast" category and be active members on forums like this. I could be wrong tho.

Tiguan TDI, 6spd Tiptronic Auto
    Black, sunroof, comfort pack, off-road tech, tan leather, park assist & roof bars.
    Avg 7.63L/100km over 189,000kms

Users Country Flag
    Wow,

Definitely not me. Go back through and read my comments.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Wow,

Extra CO2 and NOx to be plumbed back into cars of those who do not participate in the recall maybe ?

flame suit on
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
    Extra CO2 and NOx to be plumbed back into cars of those who do not participate in the recall maybe ?

flame suit on
    Cheat was only on NOx, but fair call perhaps if you live in the city!

Just taking the piss

To be honest, I wouldn't know what to do if I owned a Dieselgate car. VW has f###### up a lot of people on this one !
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
    Just taking the piss

To be honest, I wouldn't know what to do if I owned a Dieselgate car. VW has f###### up a lot of people on this one !
    Not me, I was always happy with my TDIs. Great power good fuel economy and long lasting engines. What else could one want?

Users Country Flag

OK...just for interest sake. My tig had the software update (version 3) a couple of weeks ago, cos in Germany its mandatory to have the update done. So, have now run the car for a couple of weeks and I cannot detect any change in the drivability, in fact I believe there is a slight increase in power. Have not had the opportunity to check the fuel consumption, but I don't believe there is any noticeable change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast