Thread: Tiguan Diesel 103kw 2013 model - engine oil grade and change intervals

Users Country Flag

Tiguan Diesel 103kw 2013 model - engine oil grade and change intervals

Hi everyone.

I know this topic may have been covered somewhere but may I seek assistance in relation to the type of oil grade.

I have a Tiguan 2013 Diesel 103kw Automatic

Those of you who have the Tiguan manual, I'm referring to the table on page 285:

I understand that my vehicle has a diesel particulate filter but what is the difference between the flexible and fixed service columns.

If anyone is using Mobil 1 oil, then is the ESP Formula 5W-30 oil the correct one?

The dealer suggests 15,000km interval oil changes, is that too long or do you suggest lesser intervals?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Mark

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seaair77 View Post
    Hi everyone.

I know this topic may have been covered somewhere but may I seek assistance in relation to the type of oil grade.

I have a Tiguan 2013 Diesel 103kw Automatic

Those of you who have the Tiguan manual, I'm referring to the table on page 285:

I understand that my vehicle has a diesel particulate filter but what is the difference between the flexible and fixed service columns.

If anyone is using Mobil 1 oil, then is the ESP Formula 5W-30 oil the correct one?

The dealer suggests 15,000km interval oil changes, is that too long or do you suggest lesser intervals?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Mark
    Whatever oil you use it must be to the vw 507 spec its a long life low ash oil esp made for cars with a dpf if it does not have 507 on the container do not use it no matter what the supercheap ect salesdude tells you
    The low ash is vitially important for your dpf as a inferior oil will clog your dpf with ash way to quickly also it must be a 5w-30 (i think they might all be that but does not hurt to check) as with the extra fuel that gets dumped in a dpf burn some ends up in your sump and a lower weight oil ie 0w-30 ect will not protect your engine as well as the 5w-30 when oil dilution by fuel happens

As for 15k service length thats fine unless your car is doing heavy duty work like lots of offroad/towing/or is tuned for more power in that case i would do a oil and filter at halfway i.e 7.5k otherwise it will be fine the oil is made to last that long (it goes 20k+ in commercial vehicles)
    Last edited by Kachingg; 13-03-2018 at 11:25 AM.
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    VW service times in Australia are 12 months or 15,000km WHICHEVER COMES FIRST. One of my cars has had 6 annual services and only done 24,000km

Oil is 504/507 APPROVED for VW such as Penrite enviro+ 5w 30 NOT the GF3 version.
    Castrol Edge Titanium 5w 30 in the funny shaped container Liquimoly There are others but all should only be used that have APPROVED for VW on the container
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for your reply Kachingg.

Quote Originally Posted by seaair77 View Post
    Time is the other consideration, I only travel around 7,000km a year. The max time recommended is 12 months, so that's when mine gets changed.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag

Book says 15000 or 12 months WHICHEVER COMES FIRST

Polo is 7years old has had annual services has done 24000 to date
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan