Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiguan acceleration

Users Country Flag

Guys... Why question other non-related factors or attack the driving style of the OP? All this BS about driving style is missing the point.

The time the power is applied compared to when I put my foot down is left wanting. There's enough people who have felt the same way for it to be a valid point. Also, there is a big difference between lagging in responsiveness and just being slow. I had a 1984 Gemini as my first car and it couldn't pull the skin off a custard but the millisecond I put my foot down, it reacted... even if it's 0-100km/h time was in the 22 seconds mark.

Greg - I am currently researching mods - I've heard the Stage1 APR completely changes this... I will keep you posted if and when I get it.

Cheers Nigel

Users Country Flag

Yep any decent OBD tune will re-write the throttle map as previously described, and I'll just keep selling product to all those people "imagining" the throttle problem in their "lesser" cars. My "not fit for racing" 4x4 Yeti with just a Stage 3 DSG remap now surprises a lot of so called sports cars at the lights, and it's still the "pathetic" 103kw ECU map - for now....
    Last edited by Greg Roles; 26-07-2016 at 07:44 AM.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123