Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigger73's 155TSI

Tigger73's 155TSI

Just bought another Tiguan for the wife. Though it won't arrive in our driveway for a couple of months.

Only minor (cosmetic) mods planned at this stage....

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Geez, you couldn't help yourself.

Looks familiar..

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Hahah what!
    After 10 pages of contemplation you sell the old tig to buy a gen 2.

This is another forum member's?

Tigger73's 155TSI

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Geez, you couldn't help yourself.

Looks familiar..
    Yes - stole the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    Hahah what!
    After 10 pages of contemplation you sell the old tig to buy a gen 2.

This is another forum member's?
    We're actually both changing cars. The Tig is sold and that's getting replaced with the Liberty for my next work car.

When I saw avdo's 155TSI come up I spoke to my wife and she was dead keen to replace her Mazda 3. So the new Tig is going to be her set of wheels. It's much lower km's than my old Tig and not modified (apart from the wheels/body kit). We'll get an extended warranty for it and look to keep this one longer term.

So much for saving money
    Last edited by tigger73; 29-01-2015 at 02:35 PM.

Nice, I am actually looking at one of these for a replacement of the Mrs Mazda 3 too!
    So this isn't the R-Line one? Are they a safe buy?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_R View Post
    Nice, I am actually looking at one of these for a replacement of the Mrs Mazda 3 too!
    Not R-Line.
    See the black plastic bumpers and side trim.

Does have the R-Line arch extensions retrofitted though.

Users Country Flag
    Saw the pictures in the add and thought ... NICE! ....

Now its congrats , good looking Tig, love the wheels too.

The only thing it needs is a tune ..... no other mods required
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    That didn't take long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_R View Post
    Correct it's a 2 1/2 years old 2012 build MY13 155TSI. The R-line kit only came out with the latest model update - so you'll only find it on MY15+ cars only. A few people have looked at retrofitting these kits but it is a horribly expensive exercise. Once you buy the kit you then have to get it painted and turns into a $10k upgrade. If you buy new it's a ~$2.5k option or you get it standard with a 155 R-line.

This car just has the wheel arch extensions fitted and wider 19" rims. All the lower body plastics are still the standard unpainted grey. I don't think it looks too bad with the pepper grey paint colour - certainly less of a 2 tone effect than on some other colours.

As far as an upgrade from a Mazda 3 it's a massive step up. Ours is a 2011 Mazda 3 Neo manual (which will be up for sale shortly) and it's a big difference between the 2 cars. You notice it in how solid the car feels, paintwork on the Mazda is a long way away from VW quality and there's a lot more road noise in the Mazda compared to the Tiguan.

If I was buying new I'd definitely consider getting the body kit on a 130TDI or a 155TSI R-line.

Now as to whether they are a safe buy, I'm still going to take out an extended warranty even though it's a low km car. There's not a lot that goes wrong with these cars but if it's a major item it can be costly. Consider it like insurance. Most likely you're not going to need it but in the case that you do it's worth every $ spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Saw the pictures in the add and thought ... NICE! ....

Now its congrats , good looking Tig, love the wheels too.

The only thing it needs is a tune ..... no other mods required
    Thanks - saw this one advertised and thought it was too good an opportunity to pass up. Plus it's literally around the corner.

Given that it's going to be my wife's car (and I'm looking to maintain the warranty on this one), I'm not sure if it'll get tuned. Also as my wife is the main driver and she usually has kids in the car it seems a bit of a waste. DSG tune is a possibility for better shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Nurk View Post
    That didn't take long.
    Hmmm yes. That's why I should have stayed off the forums altogether
    Last edited by tigger73; 29-01-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Thanks - saw this one advertised and thought it was too good an opportunity to pass up. Plus it's literally around the corner.

Given that it's going to be my wife's car (and I'm looking to maintain the warranty on this one), I'm not sure if it'll get tuned. Also as my wife is the main driver and she usually has kids in the car it seems a bit of a waste. DSG tune is a possibility for better shifting.
    Not that I'm trying to talk you into getting it tuned .... but .... APR's tunes are now completely removeable (as in a claimed 100% undetectable) before a service or warranty work

And my wife loved to drive the Stg 2 Tiguan (and now the Amarok) and my kids keep telling me how heavy her foot is ....
    Last edited by Sharkie; 29-01-2015 at 08:07 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast